Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Chicago Region. Still judging?  (Read 2691 times)

Offline fatguybrew

• 1st Kit
Chicago Region. Still judging?
« on: April 27, 2012, 03:40:22 pm »
I see that all the other regions have at least been received. Any info on Chicago and what the deal is? Why still judging? I am hoping to see some score sheets before the rest of the AHA sees the results May 5. Can someone please update us with status for the Chicago region? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
Re: Chicago Region. Still judging?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 04:03:17 pm »
As a new judge this year (January), and having judged in two regions (Philly & Pittsburgh), I have a new-found appreciation for what it takes to pull off a regional NHC, and the folks who do it, and will never again nag a competition organizer for results.  No doubt they'll finish and report results as soon as they can.
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline fatguybrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 04:07:46 pm »
Boy. Sad to think that asking a simple question is considered nagging. I didn't nag or put anyone down. I was just looking for an update. Maybe I should jump down the throat of some of the guys entering 30 beers and blocking out qualified entries. But I left that alone. Sorry to get your panties in a bunch.

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 04:12:46 pm »
Boy. Sad to think that asking a simple question is considered nagging. I didn't nag or put anyone down. I was just looking for an update. Maybe I should jump down the throat of some of the guys entering 30 beers and blocking out qualified entries. But I left that alone. Sorry to get your panties in a bunch.

ditto.
of note though, i think chicago didn't start until this past weekend.  but i did think that no one was to be notified of results until all the regions were done?  maybe i misinterpreted.
Don AHA member

Offline fatguybrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 04:15:00 pm »
I had heard that they had one flight left to judge and were going to bang it out on Wednesday. I was wondering how it went. Now that I am back in the area (was gone for a few days and couldnt judge) if there is an issue I was thinking I might offer help if needed.

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 04:19:43 pm »

No bunched panties here  ::), just responding to what I read.
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline marty

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 05:52:33 am »
saw on another board where a club member in Chicago said they got through the remaining entries at their club meeting on wednesday

all judging is complete for all areas