Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Big Brew  (Read 3570 times)

Offline eaholljr

• Cellarman
Big Brew
« on: April 24, 2012, 08:27:23 pm »
Who's going to brew on cinco de mayo?! I am going to brew the bucksnort all grain version in Santa Rosa, CA! I'll be toasting you all!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:30:21 pm by eaholljr »
IPA makes my day!

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
Re: Big Brew
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:55:25 pm »
I'll be hosting a Big Brew session and brewing the Bucksnort Brown at my house in Delaware!
Scott B

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 10:01:38 pm »
I'm trying to decide if I want to go for both recipes or relax and do the Bucksnort. Hmmm.
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:25:32 pm »
It is possible that I might brew that day since it falls on a Saturday. Definitely not a Mexican style beer tho. Might do a Czech Pils... Really I'm more concerned about April 21st commemorating when we kicked Santa Anna's ass at the Battle of San Jacinto. And we're celebrating this event big-time on Friday. ;) It's called "Battle of Flowers".

BTW I brewed a Hefeweizen for it.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline dbarber

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 06:55:07 am »
Our club had to postpone Big Brew until the 12th where we'll be brewing a wheat wine to age in a red wine barrel.  On Cinco de Mayo I'll be brewing a Bohemian pilsner.
Dave Barber
Orwigsburg, PA
AHA Member, BJCP National

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 07:51:37 am »
Who's going to brew on cinco de mayo?! I am going to brew the bucksnort all grain version in Santa Rosa, CA! I'll be toasting you all!

I plan to brew on 5/5!  I'll be having a small brew party for whoever wants to show up, serving my red-eye ale to anyone who wants to drink it*. 

What's to be brewed hasn't been decided yet.  I'm thinking either my cascade pale ale or a blonde ale, but there's a slight chance I'll go ahead and brew my coffee oatmeal stout on that day (otherwise the coffee stout will be brewed on 5/12). 

*I'm assuming it will be drinkable, lol, I've been away on work and haven't tried it yet

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 09:25:32 am »
I'll be hosting for the 14th year in a row.  Probably a small gathering because there's judging for a homebrew comp the same day and a lot of people who would otherwise brew will be at that.  I'll be brewing my Rye IPA recipe.....hey, it was the Big Brew recipe a few years ago so it's close enough!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline brewmanator

• Cellarman
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 01:35:06 pm »
My brother and I are hoping to have a few people over to help us brew Bucksnort Brown Ale.  When the AHA bestows such an honor to you and your recipe you've got to oblige.  It should be at its peak when NHC Club Night rolls around.  I hope to share some of this batch with as many of you as possible in June. 

Thank you Gary and Janis for picking our beer! 

Cheers,
Mike
- Mike

Offline eaholljr

• Cellarman
Big Brew
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 10:04:22 am »
Who all participated in Big Brew this weekend? What did you end up making? Did you get any pictures? I made the bucksnort brown ale (all grain version).
IPA makes my day!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 10:20:09 am »
Had a small Big Brew this year...only 4 brewers and 35 gal. of beer brewed.  But it was a great day!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline brewone

• 1st Kit
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 10:31:51 am »
I brewed a 10 gal batch of RRBC Sanctification but half with Brett only and the other half with all the other bugs. It was a great brew day! But no pics unfortunately 

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 11:43:00 am »
I'll be bottling up an ordinary bitter and brewing up another apricot hefeweizen today. If I can get off my ass to do it...

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Malticulous

• Brewer
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 12:41:31 pm »
I brewed an American Stout.

Keith Brewed an Vienna.

This was at Zion Canyon Brewing where Kieth works. 10 gallons total and not on the list.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:02:00 pm by Malticulous »