General Category > Kegging and Bottling

Bad idea, but so tempting!

(1/2) > >>

enso:
Being the pack rat that I am I save all the wire cages and corks from Belgian and champagne style bottles.  I know I can get at least one use out of the cages.  Never was sure why I saved the corks though. 

Now I have a corker and I am sorely tempted to reuse corks.  I have some new Belgian corks, but man are they expensive overall!  When they run out, well.  My half baked idea is that I can sulfite the corks or steam them or...

Seriously asking for contamination aren't I.   ::)  I just need to hear someone else (other than the little voice in my head) tell me NO!

:o

hokerer:

--- Quote from: enso on February 04, 2010, 07:34:14 AM ---Seriously asking for contamination aren't I.   ::)  I just need to hear someone else (other than the little voice in my head) tell me NO!

:o

--- End quote ---

umm, ok...   NO

never used corks but figured I could still help you out.

bluesman:
I use new corks on all of my wine bottles. They're fairly inexpensive. I recommend purchasing new corks and sanitizing them. It's an insurance policy of sorts...and peace of mind.  8)

dontblake:
Yeah, what are you thinking?   You're in the home stretch here - after all that time, effort and money to make a good beer, cheap out on corks? 
Don't do it!

mikeypedersen:

--- Quote from: dontblake on February 04, 2010, 08:51:12 AM ---Yeah, what are you thinking?   You're in the home stretch here - after all that time, effort and money to make a good beer, cheap out on corks? 
Don't do it!

--- End quote ---
+ A Million.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version