Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Suprise  (Read 1239 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Beer Suprise
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:19:21 am »
I was looking in my old cellar, and found a mystery stubbie (SNPA bottle). Popped it in the fridge before work and later that night...

Wow! This has to be one of the bottles of Braggot that I made. And this one is great! Every dang bottle of this has been different but they all have been better with age. This is excellent. Malty. Effervescent with excellent head formation and a nice lace down the glass. A bit of the honey funk. Somehow this one beer is displaying the qualities that I want in several of my styles- a particular mouthfeel and malt flavor. No. Hop. Bitterness.

Another look and I have two more in the fridge with a possible two 24oz'ers behind them. At 4 years this beer is at it's prime. I'm drinking them.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline hamiltont

• Brewmaster
Re: Beer Suprise
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 08:20:07 am »
Gota love it when chit like that happens. I have a few Strong Scotch Ales & RIS' that I'm sitting on as well. Hopefully they turn out as good as your Braggot has....  Cheers!!!
If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Beer Suprise
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 11:41:08 am »
I love it when that happens.  I have strained a few through a mesh bag, because of the amount of sediment in the bottom of them (thinking along the lines of an old wine) and really been surprised how good they can be after a while out of sight and mind.

Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"