Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Vine Street Pub in Denver?  (Read 3320 times)

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
Vine Street Pub in Denver?
« on: May 04, 2012, 06:07:47 pm »
i should have done this research last month... but any thoughts about this place? I'm in downtown Denver and while the tap lineup at the Sheraton is pretty good and made for an easy first evening (Delirium Tremens on draft? Yummo!), tonight I am thinking of cabbing somewhere a little more interesting. on my own so it needs to be a place comfortable for single women travelers. Saw this on Yelp and thought it might work.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline paul

• Cellarman
Re: Vine Street Pub in Denver?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 07:00:12 pm »
I like it a lot.  The food is decent and the beers are usually very good.  It's typically very busy; figure 45 minutes for a table during peak times.  But if you're alone, you can probably squeeze in someplace faster.

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:25:37 pm »
thanks so much!
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 08:44:17 pm »
update: I agree. The food is decent and though the dry stout was meh the Belgian Pale Ale is decent. Pleasant crowd. Nice guest beers on tap, too. Plus they seated me immediately at a back bar they have, and their servers are attentive and pleasant. I feel very comfortable here. This feels a lot like Magnolia in San Francisco.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline snowtiger87

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 03:50:35 am »
You must go to The Falling Rock Taphouse if you are in downtown Denver. Continuously ranked in the top 10 in the US. Close to the ballpark. No cab needed.
Brewing since 1989 - BJCP National Rank
Member of KROC and Foam on the Range

Fermenting: Double IPA
Conditioning: Saison du Potiron
On tap: Cider, Cream Ale, Bock, Rye Dunkel Doppelbock, Celebration Clone, Imperial Stout

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 06:56:12 am »
You must go to The Falling Rock Taphouse if you are in downtown Denver. Continuously ranked in the top 10 in the US. Close to the ballpark. No cab needed.
I agree.  LODO is safe and within walking distance and there are several brewpubs, including Wynkoop, Breckenridge, the Coors Sandlot Brewery at the ball park.  You can take the free buses that run to the end of 16th to get closer.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 08:52:34 pm »
Thanks--I'm already home but I'll keep that for next time. My bad for asking so belatedly!
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member