Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sierra Nevada Glissade  (Read 2938 times)

Offline novabrew

• Cellarman
  • Springfield, VA
Sierra Nevada Glissade
« on: February 04, 2010, 09:38:14 pm »
Tonight I finally sampled the Glissade from Sierra Nevada.  They market it as a Golden Bock.  I say it is an excellent beer, no matter the label.  Has anyone else tried it?

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
Re: Sierra Nevada Glissade
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:54:10 am »
finally had it on a clean slate (as opposed to during a beer fest   ). Got a 12pk for $15 at the local grocery.

I thought it was another solid beer from SN, though as far as maibock, I'm not so sure. It can't hold a candle to my maibock, IMO  ;D. I think it is overhopped for what I perceive the style to be - some spicy, slightly citrus hop flavor and some floral, noble type (perhaps not actually noble though?) aroma came through. It really doesn't have the depth of malt character that I've become accustomed to - slight crackeriness but not the smooth rich, candylike pils malt character.

Is it just me, or is it almost a slightly out of style dortmunder rather than a maibock?

I can see buying more though - I enjoy it very much
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:37:13 am »
Haven't tried this one yet, but I saw it in my local LS. I'll pick one up the next time I go there.
Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 12:47:02 pm »
It's very well made. As all SN products are. But not remarkable. That may be to my own tastes.

Worth the $8 for research but I won't be buying again- not with all the untried beers out there...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 07:02:35 pm »
I liked it.

Had to pick it up tonight
based on the Phrase of the Day for me....."slight crackeriness"

I love that. 

Cheers to the weekend,
and a nice spring glissade.