Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: conditioning time in keg  (Read 37222 times)

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
Re: conditioning time in keg
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 06:41:26 am »
I don't brew high gravity beers, so I will let my ales sit in primary for three weeks and then condition in the keg for about a week.  I've only been brewing since Oct. 2011, so it is interesting to see which beers taste better early and which ones taste better after conditioning in the keg for 2-3 weeks. 
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline beerlord

• Cellarman
Re: conditioning time in keg
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 09:12:51 pm »
I'm relatively new and was naturally conditioning but my last 2 kegs, I've gone 3 weeks in primary then to keg with some gas on it, a quick release, a bit more gas then at room temps for 2 weeks. Then it's in the kegerator for 2 days at 30 and then a few days at 8-10.  Seems to work ok but I am impatient.

I've heard some go 3 weeks then to keg and the shake 'n carb method and drink it the next day.  Surely the beer is still  somewhat green, huh?  I've not tried that and likely won't. Just do what you need to in order to enjoy beer the way you want to.