Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beersmith recipe Cloud  (Read 4886 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Beersmith recipe Cloud
« on: May 16, 2012, 10:09:45 am »
This is in beta release, and many current owners got to be part of that group.  I played with it for awhile, and you get to keep ten recipes on line for free.  I just upgraded to be able to keep 75 there.  That was $14.00 a year.  Brad has sale pricing through the end of the Conference in June. 

Now, we just have to wait 'till he get's the iPhone app.  It will be so great to keep my inventory on my phone.  Just last night at the LHBS, I bought a bag of 2-row, and 6 packs of yeast, but forgot which speciality grains I needed for a couple brew sessions this weekend...  AAAARRRGGGG

Offline bigchicken

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lincoln, NE
Re: Beersmith recipe Cloud
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 05:33:37 pm »
I played around with the site and linked it to my Beersmith program. I really like it so far. It was nice being able to view a recipe from my phone. The app will make it a ton easier to navigate.
TJ Cook

On Deck: Planning
Fermenting: Nothing
In bottles: It's All About MEAD!

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:49:56 pm »
I personally can't see spending $14 a year just to store recipes. If you have any kind of high speed internet at home(dial-up excluded) you can log into your computer from remote locations to retrieve your recipes?

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 08:44:43 pm »
I personally can't see spending $14 a year just to store recipes. If you have any kind of high speed internet at home(dial-up excluded) you can log into your computer from remote locations to retrieve your recipes?
I spent over $14 for lunch today.  Seems like a bargain to me! 
Scott B

Offline bo

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 08:49:59 pm »

I bought 2 items off of the dollar menu and saved a lot of money. I still won't spend $14 to save beer recipes.

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 09:26:07 pm »

I bought 2 items off of the dollar menu and saved a lot of money. I still won't spend $14 to save beer recipes.

Is your name Clark Howard?  :P

I'll use the free space for a while before I decide to pitch in some $$. I love Beersmith and I think Brad's making some great enhancements with version 2.1 and recipe sharing.
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 09:53:34 pm »

For the tech savy, that would work.  For me, it's worth what I make in 20 minutes. Plus, $25 for beersmith is quite a deal.   Let's show Brad some love.  He makes a great product.  Now, if I could only keep my inventory up to date, LOL.  And I give Justin Crossly $24 a year, for what I could get for free.  I take much from the brewing community.  I don't mind giving back.

narvin

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 05:23:13 am »
You could also keep your recipes on a free cloud service like Google drive.  How many recipes does 5GB store?   :)

Offline fvb

• 1st Kit
Re: Re: Beersmith recipe Cloud
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 07:06:23 am »
You could also keep your recipes on a free cloud service like Google drive.  How many recipes does 5GB store?   :)

+1
 In addition to the recipes, I run my BeerSmith software using the Gdrive directory for the database files. This allows me to work with my equipment profiles on multiple machines. Uploading equipment profiles to the BeerSmith cloud does not appear to be an option at this time.

Kyle

~Sent through this great digital frontier using my Dinc.

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 08:39:18 am »
I personally can't see spending $14 a year just to store recipes.

I have to agree.  I like Beersmith.  And $14 a year ain't much.  But the cloud storage holds no value for me.

I'm transitioning away from my binder and notepads, but as long as I have access to my home network I've got what I need.

That $14 can go towards a beer.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline thetooth

• Assistant Brewer
  • Long Beach, CA
Re: Re: Beersmith recipe Cloud
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 09:28:24 am »

+1
 In addition to the recipes, I run my BeerSmith software using the Gdrive directory for the database files. This allows me to work with my equipment profiles on multiple machines. Uploading equipment profiles to the BeerSmith cloud does not appear to be an option at this time.

Kyle

~Sent through this great digital frontier using my Dinc.

+1... I do the same thing with DropBox.  It allows me to access everything and update my inventory from any computer. 

I wish he had designed his cloud to work that way that instead.  Couple that functionality with a mobile app and I'd consider throwing $14/year his way.  As is, he really hasn't offered me any functionality in the BeerSmith cloud that I don't already have for free with DropBox.