General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

what should i buy with my tax return

(1/5) > >>

dannyj621:
i currently have a kit from more beer bottling deluxe is what it was comes with bottling bucket 5 gallon boil pot spoon syphon steeping bags capper and some bottles.  But like i mentioned before in my post about all grain im trying to make a switch so what would be some cool things to get with my return.  I was thinking about buying a chest freezer and buying a temp controller and turning into a nice temp controlled enviornment or maybe a mash tun

tygo:
If you want to spend some of those bucks to help you with an all grain setup the mashtun would be a good first step and then maybe a bigger brewpot so it's less of a hassle to do your boils.  Also, with a bigger boil you'd want to think about a wort chiller.  Out of those the pot is probably going to be the most expensive.

dannyj621:

--- Quote from: tygo on February 05, 2010, 06:54:21 PM ---If you want to spend some of those bucks to help you with an all grain setup the mashtun would be a good first step and then maybe a bigger brewpot so it's less of a hassle to do your boils.  Also, with a bigger boil you'd want to think about a wort chiller.  Out of those the pot is probably going to be the most expensive.

--- End quote ---

thanks tygo i have the wort chiller already i was just thinking more a less of healthy fermentation so should i just use denny's setup for building a mash or do you have any sugestions

homebrewgamecock:
I agree with the mashtun.  I would also check Craig's list for a freezer or even brewing equipment. 

beerocd:
I think it's early in your brewing career for a fermentation chamber - KEGERATOR is the way to go.
How much are you letting us spend? Pumps, stainless steel rigs, pids, burners...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version