Author Topic: "Juicy" IPA  (Read 3955 times)

Offline narvin

• Brewmaster General
  • Baltimore
    • View Profile
Re: "Juicy" IPA
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2016, 05:16:52 AM »
I figure I'll brew an IPA for NHC next weekend with lots of late hops, just because.  I use raw wheat in a few of my beers since I buy sacks of it for lambic-style wort, so I'll put 10% or so in this one.  FOr 10 gal, maybe 24 oz in the whirlpool and 12 oz dry hop.  I have some 2015 pellets to use up   :)
Please do not reply if your[sic] an evil alien!
Thanks

Offline JJeffers09

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2016, 07:23:12 AM »
"The dankest and hoppiest beer ever brewed" Waldos Special Ale... over 100 IBU it should have the most hop aroma and flavor.  What is next to in on the right?  that looks like a slurry with carbonation.
You know something BAD is about to happen when someone says, "HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS!!"

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline narvin

• Brewmaster General
  • Baltimore
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2016, 08:53:49 AM »
"The dankest and hoppiest beer ever brewed" Waldos Special Ale... over 100 IBU it should have the most hop aroma and flavor.  What is next to in on the right?  that looks like a slurry with carbonation.

I think the flash makes beers with yeast in suspension look like that... it wasn't nearly as murking looking under normal light.  It was a Weyerbacher Double IPA #2... not my favorite.
Thanks

Offline narvin

• Brewmaster General
  • Baltimore
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2016, 08:54:35 AM »

IBU don't necessarily have anything to do with hop aroma and flavor.  But there was a ton of it in this very clear beer  :)
Thanks