Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Police in Chicago bust NATO protestors homebrewing  (Read 5379 times)

Offline jamminbrew

• Brewmaster
  • theAntipunk
Re: Police in Chicago bust NATO protestors homebrewing
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 03:36:43 pm »
cops used to stop by about once a month to check out my 600 watt metal halide that was growing my salad during the long vermont winters.

I get that cops don't get to pick and choose which laws they enforce, though District Attorneys do have some say in which cases they choose to prosecute. In Denver, there were issues after the City of Denver legalized small amounts of pot, but the city's prosecutors still chose to prosecute city residents under state law, instead of punting to the state's attorney's to make them either deal with it, or ignore it. 

Even if you were growing pot, I'm sure you're not the scariest person in Vermont, and I'm also pretty sure those cops could've been doing something more productive with their time.

I don't care for pot myself, but it's pretty low on my list of "menacing things" somewhere between butterflies and nervous dogs.

You've obviously never been bitten by a butterfly.
Or a pot plant...  those things have vicious teeth...
http://youtu.be/AlUdy2AobjI
In caelo cerivisiae nil, hic igitur bibimus.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 11:57:34 pm »
cops used to stop by about once a month to check out my 600 watt metal halide that was growing my salad during the long vermont winters.

I get that cops don't get to pick and choose which laws they enforce, though District Attorneys do have some say in which cases they choose to prosecute. In Denver, there were issues after the City of Denver legalized small amounts of pot, but the city's prosecutors still chose to prosecute city residents under state law, instead of punting to the state's attorney's to make them either deal with it, or ignore it. 

Even if you were growing pot, I'm sure you're not the scariest person in Vermont, and I'm also pretty sure those cops could've been doing something more productive with their time.

I don't care for pot myself, but it's pretty low on my list of "menacing things" somewhere between butterflies and nervous dogs.

I think perhaps you miss understand me, I was actually growing salad, lettuce, arugala, spinach stuff like that. I wasn't bothered. they were always polite I just thought it was funny.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline oscarvan

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »
Everyone knows you don't put bottle caps on your Molotov's.
Wooden Shoe Brew Works (not a commercial operation) Bethlehem, PA
http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/WSBW/WSBW_All_grain_Setup.html
I brew WITH style..... not necessarily TO style.....

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 01:40:01 pm »
Everyone knows you don't put bottle caps on your Molotov's.

you could, if you used potassium as a 'fuse' then the shattering of the bottle and exposure to air would be your ignition source.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 02:30:43 pm »
you could, if you used potassium as a 'fuse' then the shattering of the bottle and exposure to air would be your ignition source.

Shhh. . . don't let the Skynet hear you.

I came across this today, and I thought it was good for a laugh: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/nato-signs-chicago.php
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.