General Category > Kegging and Bottling

Do I have a kegging issue?

(1/4) > >>

weazletoe:
  Someithing just hit me last batch I kegged......When I rack, the hose I use does not go all he way to the bottom of my keg. It lays up against the side about halfway up the keg. So, as the beer comes out of the hose, it hits the side of the keg, and fans out to a stream about 4 inches wide. I'm just inviting all sorts of oxygen in here, aren't I?

mrcceo:
I've experienced the same thing and never had any oxidation as a result.  If your concerned, in the future purge the keg with CO2 prior to filling.

denny:
Yeah, while there's no guarantee that you'll hurt the beer, it isn't an ideal situation.  It's a cheap and easy fix to just get some longer tubing and be safe.

bluesman:

--- Quote from: denny on February 06, 2010, 10:30:00 AM ---Yeah, while there's no guarantee that you'll hurt the beer, it isn't an ideal situation.  It's a cheap and easy fix to just get some longer tubing and be safe.

--- End quote ---

+1

I agree. Minimizing the exposure of O2 is the right move Weaz.

weazletoe:
Do many of you purge your kegs prior to filling? I have a spare tank and regulator now. I was not sure doing so was overkill or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version