Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: dogfish tv show  (Read 3722 times)

Offline andrew000141

• Assistant Brewer
dogfish tv show
« on: May 27, 2012, 05:35:51 pm »
i know this doesn't really qualify for "general homebrew discussion" but i didn't know where else to put it. I know dogfish head had a little tv show and i remember seeing part of an episode but i didn't understand it so i shut it off. The tv show is on anymore as you most likely know but is there anywhere i could view the show, netflix doesn't have it :(
Fermenting:
Cherry melomel

In Kegs:
Saison
Irish Red
Thanksgiving Cider
Rye Pale Ale
IIPA
Ayinger Maibock clone
Moose drool clone

Bottles:
Mead

Keep your nose out of trouble and no trouble will come to you

Offline tjleitch

• 1st Kit
Re: dogfish tv show
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 05:58:01 pm »
It's called Brew Masters, and you can order it on iTunes. It only ran for five episodes I think...

Offline andrew000141

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 06:04:10 pm »
Lucky me, i have had an itunes gift card i have been trying to get rid of lol.
Fermenting:
Cherry melomel

In Kegs:
Saison
Irish Red
Thanksgiving Cider
Rye Pale Ale
IIPA
Ayinger Maibock clone
Moose drool clone

Bottles:
Mead

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 11:29:16 am »
I found the show very interesting and wish it had kept going, because it certainly got people interested in craft beer.  Although the show was a bit "formulamatic," it was still pretty good.  Basically Sam cruises around looking for extremely exotic ingredients, then brews a test batch, then they brew a production batch, there's "a potential issue" for a little dramatic effect, then the show ends with everyone drinking a beer and being happy.  A little cheesy, maybe, but how many people do you think went hog wild over the beers they featured in the show?  Even I have drank two bottles of b****es Brew (and still keep one on display).  Although to be fair, I would have probably bought BB even without the TV show.

Still, the show certainly introduced a lot of people to craft beer, and the skill and craftsmanship it takes to create it.  I like the show a lot better than some (?) of the other beer shows I've seen where they mostly go around and get drunk.  ::)

We need more beer shows on TV, good ones.  ;D

Another oddity related to the show was that it sparked extremely heated, ridiculous love/hate discussions on "certain beer related websites."  ::) ::) ::) ::)

ETA: LOL at the word filter zapping the name of the brew

(?) I've definitely seen one show where they go to great bars, then don't bother explaining much except how much they're going to drink.  BORING.  Although it's been a while so I can't remember the name of it...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:31:27 am by alcaponejunior »

Offline Greg A.

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 06:25:42 pm »
I found the show very interesting and wish it had kept going, because it certainly got people interested in craft beer.  Although the show was a bit "formulamatic," it was still pretty good.  Basically Sam cruises around looking for extremely exotic ingredients, then brews a test batch, then they brew a production batch, there's "a potential issue" for a little dramatic effect, then the show ends with everyone drinking a beer and being happy.  A little cheesy, maybe, but how many people do you think went hog wild over the beers they featured in the show?  Even I have drank two bottles of b****es Brew (and still keep one on display).  Although to be fair, I would have probably bought BB even without the TV show.

Still, the show certainly introduced a lot of people to craft beer, and the skill and craftsmanship it takes to create it.  I like the show a lot better than some (?) of the other beer shows I've seen where they mostly go around and get drunk.  ::)

We need more beer shows on TV, good ones.  ;D

Another oddity related to the show was that it sparked extremely heated, ridiculous love/hate discussions on "certain beer related websites."  ::) ::) ::) ::)

ETA: LOL at the word filter zapping the name of the brew

(?) I've definitely seen one show where they go to great bars, then don't bother explaining much except how much they're going to drink.  BORING.  Although it's been a while so I can't remember the name of it...

Sounds like the show called "Drinking Made Easy"
Greg Arndt
Homebrewer in training

Offline andrew000141

• Assistant Brewer
dogfish tv show
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:29:15 pm »
I watched all the episodes and it was good. But I do remember seeing a show where Sam(I didn't know his name at the time) had a competition between 2 pairs of homebrewers to see who could make a better and more accurate beer to what the pilgrims would've made. I thought that was brew masters, but since I've seen all the episodes and that didn't happen it's clear that it's not. Does anyone know what show this is?
Fermenting:
Cherry melomel

In Kegs:
Saison
Irish Red
Thanksgiving Cider
Rye Pale Ale
IIPA
Ayinger Maibock clone
Moose drool clone

Bottles:
Mead

Offline madscientist

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 06:48:18 am »
It's called Brew Masters, and you can order it on iTunes. It only ran for five episodes I think...

There is a 6th episode floating around on the internet, I saw part of it.  I may have the link still on my computer at home, if I do i'll post it.
Homebrewed since 2010

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 07:07:24 am »
I think the iTunes version has the 6th episode - they go to Italy in it.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline philosobeer

• 1st Kit
  • I'm here to drink beer and complain about bad beer
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 02:09:28 am »
A little thing called torrents might help if you're having trouble. Don't know how keen you are on the whole 'downloading' thing.

Offline kylekohlmorgen

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Saint Louis, MO
    • The South House Pilot Brewery
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 08:36:14 am »
No torrents - buy it legit.

While we're at it - don't buy beer off ebay. Tisk Tisk.

*Gets off soapbox*
Twitter/Instagram: @southhousebrew

Recipes, Brett/Bacteria Experiments: http://SouthHouseBeer.com/