Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Free MBA, what concentration would be most useful in the industry?  (Read 3546 times)

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
Re: Free MBA, what concentration would be most useful in the industry?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 06:56:06 pm »
I realized that just checking my bank account every couple weeks isn't exactly the best way to manage my finances. Once I applied some basic accounting practices to my finances, I realized I had no idea how wrong I was about how much money I was spending on some things, and how little on others.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 10:58:43 am »
I realized that just checking my bank account every couple weeks isn't exactly the best way to manage my finances. Once I applied some basic accounting practices to my finances, I realized I had no idea how wrong I was about how much money I was spending on some things, and how little on others.

Funny how that is!  You can't control what you don't measure.  Glad to see it's paying off already!
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 11:27:22 pm »
That kind of thing should be taught in high school.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 04:35:48 am »
That kind of thing should be taught in high school.

It should.  I'm pretty sure it's taught here.  It wasn't when I was in high school.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 05:29:08 am »
I had one home-ec class in 8th grade where we learned how to balance a check book, fill out a W2, file taxes, etc., but we never went over any kind of money management. From talking to others about home-ec, that course was unusually practical. I know a lot of people with decent, even good incomes that are always broke, and I'm pretty sure ignorance of how money works is mostly to blame.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.