Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sierra Nevada Brewery not in the Pub Discount program?  (Read 3251 times)

Offline matiasek

• 1st Kit
Sierra Nevada Brewery not in the Pub Discount program?
« on: May 28, 2012, 05:36:03 pm »
I am moving to Chico this summer and while visiting houses this past week, I went out for dinner at the sierra nevada brewery tap room. I was shocked to learn that there was no discount for AHA members!!! The irony is when I first became a member it was because of a AHA membership rally I attended at the sierra nevada brewery in 2006. Anyone know why we do not have a discount there? Ken Grossman has been so supportive of homebrewers, I am a little surprised by this.

Offline cheshirecat

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Sierra Nevada Brewery not in the Pub Discount program?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 07:53:42 am »
I am always surprised at how many breweries I know were started by homebrewers and are not a part of the program.

On the other hand I have a such an issue with places that are part of the program not honoring it or "changing" it on the spot. Examples, Firestone (one of my favorites breweries) is 10% off beer and merchandise. One time I went in and had a couple pints at the bar and was told the discount only applies to packaged beer. Another time I went in to get packaged beer I was told it only applies to draft beer. Rogue Public House in SF only applies the discount to the first pint (I think it is $.75 off or something) despite the listing on this site at .75 off of pints (plural).

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:40:10 am »
For question about the PDP, contact Kathryn Porter.   kathryn@brewersassociation.org  She's swamped with NHC at the moment, but she's the person to talk to about the program.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline stevep

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 10:09:06 am »
Hi everyone,

I'll be your contact regarding PDP.

matiasek-   The reason why Sierra Nevada is not currently a Pub Discount Program participant is because we have yet to directly reach out to them about it. While we do make an effort to make all breweries informed of their ability to participate in the program, most of the time it involves direct contact from the AHA to successfully add a new participant to the program. (though it also helps to have AHA members ask too!)

I can certainly reach out to Ken and the SN team to see if we can get something going for the AHA members.

chesirecat-   As for those current participants that may be changing or not honoring offers, please let me know of those occurrences. Sometimes with employee turnover, or locations that may not get a lot of AHA member traffic, there can be a lack of communication resulting in errors like this. Fortunately, when AHA members let us know it can be fixed with a quick phone call or email.

If you have any other questions about PDP, please don't hesitate to email me at steve@brewersassociation.org.

Cheers!

Steve Parr
Business Coordinator
American Homebrewers Association
Steve Parr
Assistant Director

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:18:12 am »
 Oops, did I say Kate?  I meant Steve!  ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 11:50:31 am »
I am moving to Chico this summer and while visiting houses this past week, I went out for dinner at the sierra nevada brewery tap room. I was shocked to learn that there was no discount for AHA members!!! The irony is when I first became a member it was because of a AHA membership rally I attended at the sierra nevada brewery in 2006. Anyone know why we do not have a discount there? Ken Grossman has been so supportive of homebrewers, I am a little surprised by this.

I'd say feel lucky you live in a state where these discounts are even available.  Hate to tell you all, but the PDP will do you little good in Seattle for NHC.  They are illegal here. 

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 11:52:15 am »

I'd say feel lucky you live in a state where these discounts are even available.  Hate to tell you all, but the PDP will do you little good in Seattle for NHC.  They are illegal here.

I should clarify, you can get a discount on food and t-shirts.  But not on beer.

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 01:14:01 pm »
Count yourself lucky to live by one of the places mentioned.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline cheshirecat

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 09:51:58 am »

chesirecat-   As for those current participants that may be changing or not honoring offers, please let me know of those occurrences. Sometimes with employee turnover, or locations that may not get a lot of AHA member traffic, there can be a lack of communication resulting in errors like this. Fortunately, when AHA members let us know it can be fixed with a quick phone call or email.

Thanks Steve... will do!

Offline stevep

• Cellarman
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 05:12:44 pm »

This will be changing. Expect an update in the coming weeks  ;)
Steve Parr
Assistant Director