Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: The recipe wiki lives....kind of  (Read 1707 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
The recipe wiki lives....kind of
« on: July 13, 2019, 03:54:38 pm »
Lately there have been several discussion lamenting the passing of the AHA recipe wiki and the trove of info there.  I found it...kinda.  The good old Wayback Machine has it...

https://web.archive.org/web/20171220144818/http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/BeerRecipes
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: The recipe wiki lives....kind of
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 04:24:16 pm »
Bookmarked, Thanx Denny
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 09:07:00 pm »
Thank you! Those recipes really helped me when I first started brewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan Chisholm

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 08:27:22 am »

I really lobbied to not close down the wiki.  Unfortunatel y, so few people used it that it wasn't financially feasible to keep it.  Lesson.....use it or lose it.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 10:11:46 am »

I really lobbied to not close down the wiki.  Unfortunatel y, so few people used it that it wasn't financially feasible to keep it.  Lesson.....use it or lose it.

How did AHA track how many people used the Wiki? I would use it to help build some recipes at times. Is there a way that the site tracks "hits"? Did a counter go up every time a person visited the site?
Ralph R.

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 10:14:40 am »

How did AHA track how many people used the Wiki? I would use it to help build some recipes at times. Is there a way that the site tracks "hits"? Did a counter go up every time a person visited the site?

I suspect "use it" in this case refers to folks submitting recipes to the Wiki. 
Joe

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 10:15:05 am »

Without specific knowledge to this wiki, you can generally see server data broken down into users, what pages/services users access and the flow of users from page to page on the server.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 10:17:23 am »

Without specific knowledge to this wiki, you can generally see server data broken down into users, what pages/services users access and the flow of users from page to page on the server.

Thank you. That makes sense.

Ralph R.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 11:05:21 am »

I'm certain the had some at of knowing, but I don't know what that was.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 11:52:10 am »
Hey, cool idea.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato