Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Torpedo Cans  (Read 14509 times)

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Torpedo Cans
« on: June 16, 2012, 02:48:37 pm »
Just saw this in the grocery store today and had to pick up a four pack.  First time I've seen them.

Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Torpedo Cans
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 04:01:24 pm »
I think I've seen these too. They went the 4-pack route. Wah. But it's a badass beer!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 06:24:40 pm »
Just saw this in the grocery store today and had to pick up a four pack.  First time I've seen them.

Was in the Bristow Harris Teeter today and saw the same thing.  I resisted the temptation, though :)
Joe

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 06:42:11 pm »
I've done a side by side tasting with cans and bottles.  The canned beer tasted muted compared to the bottled beer.  The flavors were more pronounced and distinct in the bottled beer.

Perhaps it was not apples to apples.  The canned beer may have been older, or not handled as well as the bottled beer.

The cans sure are more convenient for backpacking though.  After a few miles of humping photo equipment across the lava flows, even Torpedo packaged in a ziplock baggy would taste like nectar.   ;D
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 10:37:34 pm »
I just saw the same thing last night and didn't think twice about it.  Now...I'm wishing I would've picked up a four pack.  ::)
Ron Price

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 03:34:46 pm »
We're still getting them only in bottles.  If they come up with cans here too, I'll pick up one of both and try them side by side.  It's a very tasty IPA, and I'd love it if it came in cans all the time.