General Category > Equipment and Software

Easy vorlauf

(1/4) > >>

babalu87:
Rather than slowly pour the 2 or so quarts during the initial run-off when batch sparging I thought.......there has to be a better way.

Deep casserole tin and a thermometer is all thats required
Poke a bunch of holes in the middle..VOILA!
By the time my wort starts to run clear its about enough to fill this, then I can move on to other things (cleaning, etc.)

dhacker:
Ummm . .  Is that a RED mash tun?  ;D

beerocd:
That IS a stainless steel takeout tin, isn't it?  :D

altered_states:
Why vorlauf at all? 

I insert the runoff hose into a nylon paint strainer bag. Just crack the valve open and start the runoff.  Continue to open the valve in small increments until it is fully open.  When I'm done I have less than a teaspoon of grain in the bag. No need to vorlauf, in my opinion.  :)

babalu87:

--- Quote from: dhacker on February 08, 2010, 06:56:01 PM ---Ummm . .  Is that a RED mash tun?  ;D

--- End quote ---

What other color could someone possibly choose?
Its been proven time and again that red mash tuns improve efficiency, fermentation and the love life of those that use them.

--- Quote from: beerocd on February 08, 2010, 07:05:07 PM ---That IS a stainless steel takeout tin, isn't it?  :D

--- End quote ---

Nope, a cheapo aluminum one.

--- Quote from: altered_states on February 08, 2010, 07:17:07 PM ---Why vorlauf at all? 

I insert the runoff hose into a nylon paint strainer bag. Just crack the valve open and start the runoff.  Continue to open the valve in small increments until it is fully open.  When I'm done I have less than a teaspoon of grain in the bag. No need to vorlauf, in my opinion.  :)

--- End quote ---

......thats easier than running it into a pitcher then dumping into a tin how?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version