Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Crickets  (Read 4258 times)

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
Crickets
« on: June 20, 2012, 11:46:16 am »
With the NHC on...................theres not much going on here ;)
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Crickets
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 11:48:49 am »
When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be about Dan Listerman's latest beer.

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 11:50:26 am »
LOL-I saw the post for Macadamia Nuts the other day and thought "oh my goodness, someone is thinking of using crickets!!!!!"   ;D

Yea, it's been rather quiet.  Next time I make sure to enter and get there!

Dave
Dave Zach

Offline DrewG

• Brewer
  • Thread Killer
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 12:13:31 pm »
A tumbleweed just rolled through my last thread
"Well, the Mexicans got a saying - what cannot be remedied must be endured."

-Barbarosa

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:14:28 pm »
When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be about Dan Listerman's latest beer.

You and me both, Chumley! 

I'll start posting links to NHC pics and videos tomorrow.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
Re: Re: Crickets
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 12:25:52 pm »

You and me both, Chumley! 

I'll start posting links to NHC pics and videos tomorrow.
So the rest of us can be jealous... :-[
Mark Gres

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 08:49:26 am »
Pretty fun time so far, except one of my bottles of tripel I was carrying over in my luggage broke and my clothes soaked up all of it. So now I don't even have a spare change of underware that doesn't smell like beer. I guess this is the one place on the planet that it doesn't matter that my underware smells like beer.

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 08:51:12 am »
If you need a washing machine, I have one 15 minutes north of you.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 09:00:43 am »
That's very noble of you, but I think I can survive. I washed everything in the sink and have clothes drying everywhere. Makes me feel a little more alabama.  ;)

garc_mall, are you not at the conference? I'd buy you a beer if you got some time to spare Sunday.

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 09:02:37 am »
That's very noble of you, but I think I can survive. I washed everything in the sink and have clothes drying everywhere. Makes me feel a little more alabama.  ;)

garc_mall, are you not at the conference? I'd buy you a beer if you got some time to spare Sunday.

Most hotels have a laundry service or at least washing machines available if the "Europe on $2/day" method doesn't work out.   ;D

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 09:07:57 am »

I am going to drive over in a couple hours. Just taking care of some last minute business.

EDIT: That's not to say I am not up for a beer on Sunday, but I am sure I will see you around the whole weekend.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:20:05 am by garc_mall »

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 09:12:35 am »

Most hotels have a laundry service or at least washing machines available if the "Europe on $2/day" method doesn't work out.   ;D

Paul

They have one, but I'm going full hobo. Tonight my clothes may smell like vomit. (kidding, of course. I hope not.)

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 10:29:38 am »
Alright, Now I am heading in. Traffic is gone, and SWMBO won't be angry about brewing stuff being strewn about the kitchen. See y'all in a half hour or so!

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 11:15:21 am »
Pretty fun time so far, except one of my bottles of tripel I was carrying over in my luggage broke and my clothes soaked up all of it.

Back in college, one of our classes took a trip where we needed to pack a suit.  On the way back, a friend didn't have room for her bottle of Jack Daniels so I stuck it in my bag.  Turns out it wasn't closed tightly.

Being senior year, the next morning I had an on-campus job interview and it happened to be with the NSA.  Part of the interview was...

Interviewer: "When you come up for a plant trip, part of it will involve you being on a lie detector so I'm going to ask you a couple of the questions now so that you will have heard them before and not screw up the test"

Me: "Ok"

Interviewer:  "Do you, or have you ever had, a drinking problem?"

Me: (with the Jack Daniels fumes wafting out of my suit, filling the little 8x8 cubicle enough to make your eyes water) "Nope, not at all"
Joe

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 03:46:22 pm »
I'm going full hobo. Tonight my clothes may smell like vomit. (kidding, of course. I hope not.)

;D, nice.

Crickets chirping aint all bad.