I new this batch of beer would be a little more technically challengeing because of how I wanted to do it - 10 gallon IPA with 7% flaked oats split into 2 vessles for the boil so I could hop each one differently. However, what I did not count on was the false bottom in my mash tun coming off at the bottom of 27 lbs of mashed grain !
I tried just going with it but it became clear that the little trickle of wort I could get going was going to take me all afternoon to sparge. So I decided to take all of the hot, wet, sticky mash out of my mash tun, put into by boil kettle, re-attach the disconnected false bottom, then put the mash back in the mashtun, re-circ, then sparge again.
I just got done with that and now the sparge is going beautifully. That was awfully thirsty work though so now I am having beer.