Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Regulator, Want to Make Sure It's Not Broken  (Read 3194 times)

Offline patrickswayze

• Cellarman
New Regulator, Want to Make Sure It's Not Broken
« on: July 07, 2012, 01:54:54 pm »
So I'm just now getting into kegging and began ordering my equipment. The first thing to come was my regulator that i purchased off of Amazon which is a Premium Pro Series Dual Gauge Co2 Draft Beer Regulator by the Beverage Factory. There is this gold piece within the connection to the CO2 that i am wondering about since I am not familiar with much of these components and want to make sure everything is tip top in case i need to send it back. The piece just seems to be sitting in their without being attached to anything, obviously my question is, is this normal and should i not be worried, should it be positioned in a certain way? I have none of the other equipment so i cannot really test it out.

http://i.imgur.com/1wbiK.jpg

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
Re: New Regulator, Want to Make Sure It's Not Broken
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »
If what you are asking about is just inside the connection for the tank, that's a screen.  It is supposed to be there.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline patrickswayze

• Cellarman
Re: New Regulator, Want to Make Sure It's Not Broken
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 07:13:41 pm »
If what you are asking about is just inside the connection for the tank, that's a screen.  It is supposed to be there.

Is it suppose to be oriented in such a way that it covers he intire circumference of the inside? Right now it seems tilted and i can see past it