Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Colorado Brewers Festival 2012  (Read 3868 times)

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
Colorado Brewers Festival 2012
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:15:57 pm »
Did anyone else brave the 100+ F weather this weekend and venture to Ft Collins? If so where there new breweries that you you tried. Crabtree Brewing had a Ginger honey blonde ale that was very refreshing and well balanced.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
Re: Colorado Brewers Festival 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:27:36 am »
Although it would have been fun, that just sounded like a bad combination to me.  I fled for the mtns instead.  Even at 13,000ft where I topped out it was around 70.  And I almost had the entire trail to myself.  I didn't see anyone for the first 10miles
Here's to another record breaker today...

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:21:32 am »
I thought about it, but the neighborhood pool was just too inviting!  Luckily the GABF is early October.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 05:09:51 pm »
very true the heat did put a damper on the event, but luckily they had water stations and misters out to cool down with. 70F at above treeline sounds like the could be respectively hot, but a welcomed break from 100 degree weather
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.