Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BN Army wins club of the year.  (Read 22695 times)

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
Re: BN Army wins club of the year.
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 11:34:42 am »
How about the AHA Toast Guard? ::)
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline svejk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Seattle, Wa
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2012, 02:42:01 pm »
I thought this was pretty interesting to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vShBbbvmbMg&list=UUuHvF7Dqj-O3VvuUvXufCkA&index=1&feature=plcp

At 1:35:00 you can see the announcement of BN Army as COTY.

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 08:29:44 pm »
I thought this was pretty interesting to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vShBbbvmbMg&list=UUuHvF7Dqj-O3VvuUvXufCkA&index=1&feature=plcp

At 1:35:00 you can see the announcement of BN Army as COTY.

Very different than JP's post. I didn't hear boo's and there's plenty of applause. But then Justin's like "it's  almost quiet enough to hear the rules changing..."  But then I don't have previous years to compare that to, sooo...
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 06:50:02 am »
I didn't hear any boo's either, but plenty of applause?  Most of what you hear is coming from the front table where the BN setup and gets picked up on audio.  And I can tell you there was not much in my section either.

Looking at that crowd and a LOT of people sitting on their hands, it's obvious that there is a lot hard "feelings" out there.  Justin's speech, now that I've had chance to listen to it is pretty funny, about how he has always been proud of every club that has come up on the stage for COTY...

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline ccfoo242

• Brewmaster
  • I drank what? - Socrates
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 07:48:52 am »
Most of what you hear is coming from the front table where the BN setup and gets picked up on audio.

Ah, ok.
Intra cervisiam est deus.

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 10:22:43 am »
There were no boos that I heard.

I did not applaud.

Why?

I don't think a national virtual club is the same animal as any other regional club. I don't think it's a level playing field when that virtual club can flood multiple regions.

I didn't hear any boos.  And I cheered for them.  I am a long-time private in the BNA.  Justin Crossley has created a very nice business for himself, and his efforts are teaching the world to home brew.  I learned so much from Brewstrong.  Now that they do almost all Q&A shows, I don't like them as much, but I still listen.  And the Session is a perfect backdrop to a brew day.

But, I enter my beers in the name of my local club, not the BN.  A friend and I started this club 5 years ago, and we are really starting to see some nice things happen.  Next January when we elect officers, I will fade out of a leadership role, and "just" be a member.  And that is one difference the BN has with most other clubs.  They don't choose their leadership.  Justin OWNS that club.  And the line between what Justin owns, and what is a homebrew club is very fuzzy. 

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 03:42:55 pm »
I didn't really have an opinion of the BN Army winning the award, until I read that blog by JP. It was petulant, immature, and offensive. Anytime someone tells me I have to respect them, or congratulate them, I get offended. I would totally boo him now.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.