Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: bigger images  (Read 8378 times)

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
Re: bigger images
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 12:07:11 pm »
You forgot that you would NEVER in your lifetime need more storage than a 10MB hrad drive could provide!!!

Do they even make those anymore?

Just doing a quick search of newegg, it looks like the smallest internal hard drive you can buy new in box is 80GB!

Let's see.. my first computer that was mine would have been a TI-994a. Later my mom bought me a Apple IIe Enhanced (128KB RAM and two, count em two, floppy drives)

Surprisingly beyond that I didn't actually buy my own computer until ~2000. I just always used one of the 900 computers I had through work/school.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline Crispy275

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 02:03:50 pm »
On the other hand, I represent the Luddite sub-section of society. I got my first pc (a Dell laptop rugidized 286) in 1989, and I have been somewhat annoyed with them ever since (computers - not Dell).

From tossing my cell phone onto I-94 over 5 years ago and going back to a land line, to making due with Windows 98 until it became so shahky and vunerable that I figured it would just be better to get a new machine, I do not represent the majority here.

And now Denny has authorized me to be a Moderator. Ha!

A computer does 3 things for me.
Connects me to the Internet and email.
Has Word and Excel.
I can use ProMash on it.

That is it. And I do a lot with those three things. Oh, and occassionally I play Solitare as well.
Chris P. Frey, aka "Crispy"
Mountain Ale & Lager Tasters MALT)
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild (AABG)
Fermental Order of Renaissance Draughtsmen (FORD)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 02:30:18 pm »

And now Denny has authorized me to be a Moderator. Ha!

I knew how you coveted those blue stars!  ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline yugamrap

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 10:37:10 am »
Ok, we'll try 640x480 for a while and see how it works for people.

Man, I'm getting old cause I remember when having a screen that ws 640x480 was badddd assss

You and me both, man, and I'm old enough to be your father!  OK, maybe older brother!   ;)
You forgot that you would NEVER in your lifetime need more storage than a 10MB hrad drive could provide!!!

Do they even make those anymore?

You get more storage than that on a USB memory stick!  I had one of the first computer based recording studios in the US.  I looked all over for the biggest HD I could find.  I ended up with a 212 MB drive that I paid $1500 for!

Yeah... I used to work for an audio-visual company, and recall when we moved from CPM-based machines to PCs.  I remember when we bought our first computer for my Dad's family business back in the mid-80s.  The "big decision" was whether to get the 10MB or 20MB hard drive - a price difference of about $500 at the time.  We decided on the 20MB, figuring we'd never fill that up.  I still often refer to file structure as "directories" rather than "folders,"  and occasionally get nostalgic for the old "C:\>" prompt...
...it's liquid bread, it's good for you!

Offline mrbowenz

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 11:51:11 am »
I've gone back and edited my" Brewery and  Alehouse "pictures to reflect the larger size pictures allowed , looks better with more details, this was a good move mods , thanks !, you may want to edit any "project type" pictures to allow the same . In America , ..bigger is better is guess ::)
Brewing up history

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 06:31:59 pm »
Ok, we'll try 640x480 for a while and see how it works for people.
640x480 works pretty good.
Thank you
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com