General Category > Events

NHC 2013 Hotel?

<< < (6/22) > >>

theDarkSide:

--- Quote from: grod on January 08, 2013, 12:48:13 AM ---It's likely I won't be able to wait till February to book a hotel cause Mrs g wants our accommodation locked in within the next week.  I' m thinking Loews is kind of central..

love

g

--- End quote ---

You could always book a couple places and then cancel when you find out.  It look forward to meeting you in Philly.

grod:

--- Quote from: theDarkSide on January 08, 2013, 06:08:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: grod on January 08, 2013, 12:48:13 AM ---It's likely I won't be able to wait till February to book a hotel cause Mrs g wants our accommodation locked in within the next week.  I' m thinking Loews is kind of central..

love

g

--- End quote ---

You could always book a couple places and then cancel when you find out.  It look forward to meeting you in Philly.

--- End quote ---

Not a bad idea  but there is a lot of hotels in that area.  Is there any major benefit to getting into the conference hotel?

Thanks for the advice though,  and a quick reply to my 1st post on the aha forum.

love

g

Jimmy K:

--- Quote from: grod on January 08, 2013, 12:18:55 PM ---Not a bad idea  but there is a lot of hotels in that area.  Is there any major benefit to getting into the conference hotel?

--- End quote ---
For ANY conference, having your room nearby is nice. You can go back when you want, don't have to schlep stuff with you all day. Take a nap. Etc.  A block or two away is fine, but too far and it starts to cramp your style.  I imagine this is even more true for AHA since it is LONGER - 8am until 11pm or later and includes drinking. 

theDarkSide:

--- Quote from: grod on January 08, 2013, 12:18:55 PM ---
Not a bad idea  but there is a lot of hotels in that area.  Is there any major benefit to getting into the conference hotel?

Thanks for the advice though,  and a quick reply to my 1st post on the aha forum.

love

g

--- End quote ---
It's a hell of a lot easier stumbling into an elevator than having to stumble across the street or down the road.  The Westin last year was connected by a sky bridge but still nicer just to jump on the elevator.
At least in most hotels, you have a one in 36-45 chance of getting the right floor.  ;)

guido:
The hotel info is up on the conference website.  It's the Philadelphia Marriott downtown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version