Author Topic: NHC 2013 Hotel?  (Read 24478 times)

Offline NeckBeardBeer

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
    • Neck Beard Brewing
Re: NHC 2013 Hotel?
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2013, 08:00:17 AM »
Got through quickly using the 877 number. The nice lady I spoke with said she'd had a lot of calls from us today. :D

I think this may have been answered already but it is refundable for those that are concerned. Card is just holding room for now.

Offline quincy

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2013, 08:01:05 AM »
I don't think so.  The conference is done by the AHA.  The rooms are done by the hotel and a housing bureau.  I think the AHA will have the link up and running at the right time, since they control the servers.

I think the link is out there, just no one updated the website (ahaconference.org) to reflect it.

I hope so, that does make me feel better about it.  I do have a plan in place in case 3:15 rolls around and I haven't been able to register yet.  One of the other members of my club agreed to do it for me once he has finished registering.

Offline quincy

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2013, 08:03:38 AM »
Got through quickly using the 877 number. The nice lady I spoke with said she'd had a lot of calls from us today. :D

I think this may have been answered already but it is refundable for those that are concerned. Card is just holding room for now.

Yes, the lady I spoke with said you have to cancel at least 3 days before the registration.  The card you gave is just to hold the room and when you check out of your room you can leave it on that card or use a different one.

Online theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2013, 08:16:23 AM »
I hope so, that does make me feel better about it.  I do have a plan in place in case 3:15 rolls around and I haven't been able to register yet.  One of the other members of my club agreed to do it for me once he has finished registering.

Quincy, since you may be in a rush, they just made a change last night to the conference tickets and made the banquet an add on to each of the packages.  So the full package is $205 plus $50 for the banquet.  I'd hate to have you get a ticket and miss out on the banquet.
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Seacoast Homebrew Club Member
https://www.facebook.com/SeacoastHomebrewClub
Stephen M.
------------------------------------------------

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2013, 08:21:39 AM »
Looks like the link is up. I just checked and was able to hold a room so they are still available.
Mike --- Flint, Michigan

Offline quincy

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2013, 08:35:48 AM »

Quincy, since you may be in a rush, they just made a change last night to the conference tickets and made the banquet an add on to each of the packages.  So the full package is $205 plus $50 for the banquet.  I'd hate to have you get a ticket and miss out on the banquet.

Thanks, I did see that last night.  I know the wife will be angry if I miss out on the Banquet tickets, she is looking forward to that part.  Well she is looking forward to all of it but she specifically said she wants to go to the banquet.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2013, 08:47:34 AM »

Thanks, I did see that last night.  I know the wife will be angry if I miss out on the Banquet tickets, she is looking forward to that part.  Well she is looking forward to all of it but she specifically said she wants to go to the banquet.
The Banquet meal is now something to look forward to, as Sean Paxton has done some wonderful stuff based on local ingredients.

Then there are the announcements, the business things, and the awards for the competition. Those have become more interesting fo rme over the years.
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild, AHA Member, BJCP Certified
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline quincy

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2013, 09:16:25 AM »
Also will registration be done through a link on the Registration Details page or a link on the main conference page?

Online theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »
Also will registration be done through a link on the Registration Details page or a link on the main conference page?

I assume it will be here:

http://www.ahaconference.org/conference/register/

but don't quote me on that.

Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Stephen M.

Offline smkranz

• Assistant Brewer
  • Maryland
    • View Profile
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2013, 09:24:55 AM »
A buddy just made online reservations and said that Saturday night was already sold out  >:(
Steve Kranz
AHA • BJCP
Midnight Homebrewers' League
Westminster, Maryland
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline jeffy

• Brewmaster General
  • Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2013, 09:32:22 AM »
A buddy just made online reservations and said that Saturday night was already sold out  >:(

I'm on the phone right now and it is full Saturday night!
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2013, 09:35:56 AM »
yeah, already sold out. When are we going to get the overflow hotel announcement?
In a Keg: Flanders Red Ale, Rye Altbier, Cascade/Topaz Pale
Fermenting: Flanders Red, Saison

Offline mtnrockhopper

• Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2013, 09:36:24 AM »

I don't understand why when planning a conference for 2500 the AHA didn't announce multiple hotels at once.
Jimmy K

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup when the old president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP: B0958

Online theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »

I don't understand why when planning a conference for 2500 the AHA didn't announce multiple hotels at once.

It is most likely part of the contract with the hotel.  They want to be guaranteed so many room nights when they provide the discounted rate.  Even though it is a certainty that the hotel will sell out, they need their assurances.
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Stephen M.

Offline mtnrockhopper

• Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2013, 10:13:26 AM »

It is most likely part of the contract with the hotel.  They want to be guaranteed so many room nights when they provide the discounted rate.  Even though it is a certainty that the hotel will sell out, they need their assurances.
Oh that's probably true. I just figured that with two Marriott properties a block away there should be more rooms, but then the Marriott's manager would want to fill their own hotel first.
Jimmy K

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup when the old president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP: B0958