Author Topic: NHC 2013 Hotel?  (Read 23976 times)

Offline dobe12

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
Re: NHC 2013 Hotel?
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »
If you don't mind a short walk or taxi ride, Hotwire has some great deals for Saturday night. $118-$135 for 3 or 4 star hotels that are in the area. I would assume the previous few days are cheap too if you miss out on the main hotel.

Online mtnrockhopper

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »
If you don't mind a short walk or taxi ride, Hotwire has some great deals for Saturday night. $118-$135 for 3 or 4 star hotels that are in the area. I would assume the previous few days are cheap too if you miss out on the main hotel.
Careful about non-refundable rates though since conference registration is not open yet.

The Residence Inn (one block away) had single king rooms for the same rate with AAA. They include breakfast too.
Jimmy K

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup when the old president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP: B0958

Offline dobe12

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
Careful about non-refundable rates though since conference registration is not open yet.

The Residence Inn (one block away) had single king rooms for the same rate with AAA. They include breakfast too.

True... but registration opens in a little over 2hrs  ;)

Online Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2013, 10:53:29 AM »
Anyone know which alternate hotels are connected with a skybridge? I like skybridges.
Thank you BEER!

Online mtnrockhopper

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2013, 11:02:34 AM »
The Hilton Garden Inn is adjacent and probably connected to the Convention Center which has a skybridge to the Marriott. I think that's the only one.
Jimmy K

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup when the old president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP: B0958

Offline dobe12

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »
Anyone know which alternate hotels are connected with a skybridge? I like skybridges.

I don't think there are any. The east side of the Marriott is connected to the Convention Center (I'm almost positive). But I believe that's the only bridge. But, there's also a complex of underground walkways that go under the convention center, the plaza, and lead to mass transit. But there are a lot of hotels in the near vicinity. And it's late June, so the weather shouldn't be a problem.

Offline pudgym29

• 1st Kit
  • Frugal froth fanaddict
    • View Profile
    • Top-notch bookmarks
NHC 2013 Hotel?
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »
The Philadelphia Downtown Marriott has already sold out. :P
The AHA has noted that its next hotel is the Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown, but it has not yet posted booking information on its registration W-WW page.
Looking at my AAA Tourbook, other hotels in the vicinity include the aforementioned Residence Inn by Marriott, the Loews Philadelphia, a Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, and a Hampton Inn Center City.
I have managed to register for the entire conference, and shall be motoring (from Chicago). I am seeking somebody with whom to share a room for Wed-Sat (or Thu-Sat) of the conference.
The last time I was in Philadelphia, I found an unmetered parking spot two blocks away from a subway station. I parked the car there, rode the subway to my events, and checked back on it the next day (moving it slightly). Obviously, it was still there, and hadn't suffered any damage. ;)
I'll be checking this thread for more information about parking. Thank you.
I enjoy malty beers.

Offline tjk08

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »
If anyone is looking for a hotel near the Marriott, try the Loews across the street - its close (a stumble across Market St) and they have some rooms available at reasonable rates (I found a room as cheap as the Conference hotel)- I suspect the lower rates will be unavailable soon though.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:44:51 PM by tjk08 »

Offline bluesman

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Delaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2013, 08:19:46 PM »
Here you go:

Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
21 N Juniper Street
Philadelphia, Pa
19107 USA

Only three blocks away from the host hotel!

http://www.ahaconference.org/hotel-travel/hotel/
Ron Price

Offline theDarkSide

• Brewmaster General
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2013, 09:18:36 AM »
I received a confirmation from the housing bureau when I booked my room yesterday.  When those reservations are loaded into the hotels system, will a separate confirmation from the hotel be sent?

Just curious.

Thanks.
Sergeant - BNArmy Member
AHA Member
Seacoast Homebrew Club Member
https://www.facebook.com/SeacoastHomebrewClub
Stephen M.
------------------------------------------------

Offline james

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2013, 09:26:07 AM »
I received a confirmation from the housing bureau when I booked my room yesterday.  When those reservations are loaded into the hotels system, will a separate confirmation from the hotel be sent?

I'm not sure on this but I put my marriott rewards number in and after registering I was able to see the reservation when I logged into my account on their main website

Offline fugglupagus

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2013, 11:17:59 AM »
Here you go:

Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown
21 N Juniper Street
Philadelphia, Pa
19107 USA

Only three blocks away from the host hotel!

http://www.ahaconference.org/hotel-travel/hotel/

Courtyard also sold out.
Keezer:  It's a big box that dispenses beer. No matter how well or sh$%&y it's built, it will be beautiful.

Offline starkiller4299

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:27 AM »
I'm looking for a roommate (preferentially one with a room already booked :p).  Shoot me a message if you already have a room set up!

Offline jydhokie

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2013, 10:45:08 AM »
If anyone is looking for a hotel near the Marriott, try the Loews across the street - its close (a stumble across Market St) and they have some rooms available at reasonable rates (I found a room as cheap as the Conference hotel)- I suspect the lower rates will be unavailable soon though.

I concur. I booked a room at the Loews through Priceline for 127 a night.
In Kegs: Belgian Dubbel with Amarillo and Citra IPA
In Fermenter:  Citra and Galaxy IPA
Up next:  Pumpkin Ales from Zymurgy

Offline summy

• Cellarman
  • Roanoke, VA
    • View Profile
    • Star City Brewers Guild
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2013, 07:22:34 PM »
On another note, some of us are thinking about taking Amtrak from Lynchburg, Va into Philly. Appears to be only $55 round trip. My question is for people in Philly, which stop should we get off on in Philly? One is called "North Philadelphia" and the other is "30th Street". Which one is closer to the hotel? How far away is it, would we ned a cab? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Fementing:
  *Primary -
  *Lagering -

On Tap
 *BPA
 *Denny's BVIP
 *Brunch Stout

In Bottles
 *IIPA
 *RyeIPA
 *Black IPA
 *Red IPA
 *White IPA (entered an all-IPA competition)
  *Kolsch