Author Topic: Bio: Brian Barrows (Brewer of the week?)  (Read 4340 times)

Offline bobberdc

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
Bio: Brian Barrows (Brewer of the week?)
« on: October 13, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
I'd like to introduce my friend Brian Barrows. He is a member and officer of the DC Homebrewers Club. All-grain homebrewing in DC is a challenge, because most people live in small apts or townhouses. He still manages, though and has had some outstanding successes recently.

Last year, a local bar named Meridian Pint held a series of homebrew competitions every other month. Brian won one of those. Early this year, the had a "best of the best" competition, where the 1st place winners from each of the previous competitions would compete for a grand prize: brewing their beer at DC Brau, a local brewery.

Brian won this competition, and was lucky enough to brew his patersbier ("My Favorite Foreign Movie") at DC Brau. It's been on tap at local bars and has been well received.

DC Brau decided to enter it into the GABF this year, and Brian's collaboration took 2nd place in the Belgian and French category. We're all very proud of him.

Besides brewing great beer, Brian is always ready to offer advice to young brewers who join the club and could use a little guidance. He's always ready to go over to someone's house and brew. He lives and breathes homebrewing.

For all of these reasons, I think Brian Barrows deserves to be Brewer of the Week.

Bob Rouse
DC Homebrewers & BURP

Offline ahaintern

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
Re: Bio: Brian Barrows (Brewer of the week?)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »
Thanks for the nomination! If possible, could you email me contact information for Brian to ahaintern@brewersassociation.org?

Cheers!
The Intern