Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Things to do in Baltimore, MD?  (Read 9111 times)

Offline hoser

• Brewmaster
Re: Things to do in Baltimore, MD?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 12:51:29 pm »
Ok, the day is finally here!  Flying out tomorrow.  Gonna hit the Pratt St. Alehouse, Alewife, Max's, Heavy Seas Tap Room and Brewer's Art, in no particular order.  Gonna get some likely get some fresh crabs at Riptide.  Will meet up and do the family thing on Friday with the Aquarium and an O's game.  Hoping to do the Heavy Seas tour on Saturday, we will see.  At least I have reservations.  Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions!

One last one, does anyone know if there are any good bottle shops in Fells Point or by the harbor.  Hoping to ship some tasty samples back home!

Thanks again!

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 01:05:56 pm »
Dude, that's a lot of places to hit -- hope you're doing it in more than one day.  Max's is usually good enough to put me in the bag, and that's just drinking samplers.  I was out there for their Belgian festival earlier this year and enjoyed hanging out with local homebrewers.

This isn't close to Fells Point, but the best bottle shop I found in the Baltimore Area is Wells Discount Liquors http://www.wellswine.com/.  Always seemed to have interesting things, like a bunch of Belgians and Baltic porters.
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 04:08:51 pm »
On a trip to NYC a few weeks ago, I discovered Stillwater Artisinal Ales. Not a new brewery but new to me. He is a gypsy brewer out of Baltimore. He recently opened a gastro pub called Of Love & Revenge. Had his Cellar Door, a wit with sage - truly spectacular. Brought back 3-4 others, including one done with Mikeller. Highly recommend looking for Stillwater beers while in Baltimore - on draft at other bars, at the brewpub, or bottled. 
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL