Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Keezer and love control TS2  (Read 12197 times)

Offline mcfa0779

• 1st Kit
Keezer and love control TS2
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:57:32 am »
Just wondering if anyone can help out with hooking up my love control. I took out the original thermostat for my chest freezer and wired the TS2 in but it won't kick the compressor on. It has power and reads the temperature probe just fine. I have went through the programming several times and everything seems to be fine. I have also unwired the control and went straight from the power to the compressor to make sure that works and it was fine. I have tried the compressor wires in every configuration I can think of but am hoping someone else has the same control and can help me figure this out.

The power supply is in 7&8. I have tried every configuration of the compressor wires in 9,10,& 11. The probe has a reading and a light is on under the "snowflake" on the front of the control but the compressor doesn't run. Is this just a bad control?

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
Re: Keezer and love control TS2
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 09:42:22 am »
Does it have short cycle protection? I have a similar controller that delays the start of the cooling cycle by 10 minutes.
Mark Gres

Offline mcfa0779

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 06:26:41 pm »
No it kicks on right away I can feel it click.  I'm now thinking I need to run at least one loop with power to the compressor.

Offline harbicide

• Cellarman
  • Barkeeper's Friend will not passivate stainless.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 10:59:40 am »
I have both a TS and a TS2.  Before I broke the TS (by dropping it) I had to have it set on heating for it to cool.

Access your List a Parameters (by pressing SET for 8 seconds).  Then scroll to d0 and change it to the other setting.

Are you sure you are wired to #9 and #10 slots?
On Tap: 10 yr old Barleywine, Porter, Vienna Lager

Offline harbicide

• Cellarman
  • Barkeeper's Friend will not passivate stainless.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 08:22:07 pm »
After reading the OP again, you need to re-install the thermostat to the freezer.  The TS2 does not take its place.
On Tap: 10 yr old Barleywine, Porter, Vienna Lager

Offline mcfa0779

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 07:21:12 pm »
Thanks for the help I finally figured it out I just need to loop my positive in the rear.