0.75 lb Caravienne
0.50 lb Light candi sugar

1.00 oz Tettnanger
1.00 oz Hallertauer
1.00 oz Saaz

Whitelabs 670 American Farmhouse Blend
Rack on 2 lbs fresh lemongrass.

Target OG: 1.058

This actually kinda resembles a Tripel. Pretty damn tasty! Please try brewing it and tell us about your results!

dbeechum:
Any treatment on the lemon grass? Peel away the tough stuff and crush the tender stuff or just chuck it whole?

ryang:
Seems like an awful lot of lemongrass... I've not used fresh though, just dried, so I'm unfamiliar to a certain extent.  It doesn't seem like there's that large of a difference though.  I've used a matter of teaspoons dried...

kraftwerk:
No treatment on the lemongrass. Just cut it up and throw it in. It seems like a lot but the stuff I got only imparts a subtle lemony freshness. All my samples have been pretty outstanding.

3 months into ferm and still waiting for the gravity to level off. It's been hovering at 1.004 for a month now.

Does anyone know if White Labs 670 drops all the way down to 1.000? This is my first time using it.

realbeerguy:

--- Quote from: dbeechum on July 19, 2012, 09:14:14 AM ---Any treatment on the lemon grass? Peel away the tough stuff and crush the tender stuff or just chuck it whole?
[/quotes

Just did a lemongrass wit.  Tip from Local Brewpub who has done firkins of lemongrass ales.  Cut into chunks, soak in everclear to release oils, put in boil kettle at flameout.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version