Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: OK, we DID it!  (Read 7836 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
OK, we DID it!
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:09:50 am »
The TTB approved our Brewer's Notice today.  Now, we send that to state, and they issue the license.  And the state already issued a conditional approval with that Brewer's Notice being the only incomplete item.

Looks like we're done.  If any of you are in the Clallam County, Washington area, look for beer from Dungeness Brewing Company in Peaks, Barhop, or Bar9.  Certainly by Labor Day weekend. 

Woooo  Hoooooo

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: OK, we DID it!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 09:10:27 am »
Way to go!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 09:11:31 am »
Cool. Keep us posted on living the dream.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 09:11:58 am »
ROCK AND ROLL MAN!!!!! that's awesome. so jealous. I will be watching your progress closely (along with all you small timers out there). If I find myself in NW washington I will look you up!

damn wanted to be the first to congratulate!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 09:22:03 am »
Thanks guys, it's pretty exciting, that's for sure........

Now on to the REAL questions..........

Of course all our friends (both brewing and non-brewing) have been quite supportive, as they've always gotten the fruits of our hobby.  Now, I'll be asking them to pay for that privilege, and I wonder if they REALLY like our beer, or they just liked the PRICE of our beer.  LOL. 

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 11:03:40 am »
Congratulations. Best of luck to you.
Mark Gres

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 12:49:17 pm »
gratz, that's awesome, good luck!
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 02:45:31 pm »
If they are true friends they will be glad to pay for your beer.
Hang in there and welcome to seven day work week.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 08:28:09 pm »
Congratulations! It's good to see plans move along nicely.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 09:19:29 pm »
Way to go.  Probably never gonna be in the area but when you go national I'll be sure to grab some.
Good luck.

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 10:38:44 pm »
Congrats! I will try to pick up a pint the next time I go up to Sequim to visit my grandparents.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
OK, we DID it!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 06:18:21 am »

Of course all our friends (both brewing and non-brewing) have been quite supportive, as they've always gotten the fruits of our hobby.  Now, I'll be asking them to pay for that privilege, and I wonder if they REALLY like our beer, or they just liked the PRICE of our beer.  LOL.

When we first got started I called on my friends to PACK places when we had events or launched a new beer or had a tap take over. Once we hit a pizza place so hard that we had a line waiting out side to get in and 20+ people sitting at one large table and every table packed (the owner of the restaurant immediately put another permanent tap on for us after that and personally shook my hand, we made him a s*** load of money that night.) Now I don't need to call on friends, we are having a beer dinner at a local "fancy" restaurant next Thursday and it has sold out on its own, but in the beginning friends really helped to make a statement - and our beer is usually one of the most expensive on the menu and they still bought it and I never heard a complaint (well, not much).

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 09:25:04 am »

When we first got started I called on my friends to PACK places when we had events or launched a new beer or had a tap take over. Once we hit a pizza place so hard that we had a line waiting out side to get in and 20+ people sitting at one large table and every table packed (the owner of the restaurant immediately put another permanent tap on for us after that and personally shook my hand, we made him a s*** load of money that night.) Now I don't need to call on friends, we are having a beer dinner at a local "fancy" restaurant next Thursday and it has sold out on its own, but in the beginning friends really helped to make a statement - and our beer is usually one of the most expensive on the menu and they still bought it and I never heard a complaint (well, not much).

Thanks Dude.  I'm certainly going to get all my friends, co-workers, and everyone else I know to go buy my beer.  My friendships and reputation will sell the first keg.  Sales of the first will sell the second.  We brewed another batch of my basic IPA recipe last night, and that will be our first commercial sale.  Both Corny's are already sold.  You know I'm only doing ten gallon batches  (try not to laugh too hard, LOL) 

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
OK, we DID it!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 12:20:47 pm »
well, at least you wont have to have a lot of friends. ;)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 01:43:54 am »
This is awesome Mic, congratulations.  Let me know if it makes it across the sound, and I'll let you know if I do. ;)
Tom Schmidlin