General Category > Beer Recipes

Recipe help please

<< < (2/9) > >>

Alewyfe:

--- Quote from: denny on July 19, 2012, 11:10:10 AM ---FWIW, I love Summit hops!

--- End quote ---

Bitter and/or aroma?

Alewyfe:

--- Quote from: weithman5 on July 19, 2012, 11:01:00 AM ---roast some of the pale malt, or get some roast malt, use just enough of the summit to bitter a little and the other hops near the end.  shoot for medium to dark amber, lower ibu and use the london yeast and  i think you could get somewhere along the profile of a scottish, but with a more pronounced ending hop flavor, aroma.  something kind of unique and not provided by anyone else

--- End quote ---

Good thinking Don....I was sort of pondering the possibility of a N. Eng. Brown too.

denny:

--- Quote from: Alewyfe on July 19, 2012, 11:22:42 AM ---
--- Quote from: denny on July 19, 2012, 11:10:10 AM ---FWIW, I love Summit hops!

--- End quote ---

Bitter and/or aroma?

--- End quote ---

Both.  One of my all time favorite recipes is a past Big Brew recipe called "Griffin Spit" (it's in the wiki).  Uses all Summit hops, all at 20 min. or less.  Wonderful tangerine aroma/flavor.

Alewyfe:

--- Quote from: denny on July 19, 2012, 01:54:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Alewyfe on July 19, 2012, 11:22:42 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Bitter and/or aroma?

--- End quote ---

Both.  One of my all time favorite recipes is a past Big Brew recipe called "Griffin Spit" (it's in the wiki).  Uses all Summit hops, all at 20 min. or less.  Wonderful tangerine aroma/flavor.

--- End quote ---

Hmmm. Thanks Denny.

majorvices:
FWIW I hate summit hops. I have never had a beer made with them that I could enjoy. Total personal preference. I know folks who love them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version