Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Whats for dinner?  (Read 7711 times)

Offline smurfe

• Cellarman
  • Brewing on the Bayou
Re: Whats for dinner?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 02:45:50 pm »
Chiles Rellenos

I cook and I brew down on the bayou

Swampwater Brewing
Gonzales Louisiana

Offline niquejim

• Cellarman
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 02:31:46 pm »
Tonight I did a 7 hour slow braised brisket in beef stock with cilantro, 1 each dried ancho, guajillo, New Mexico, chipotle peppers and onions. I will shred the meat, reduce the sauce and make some chalupas and refried beans.
Burrowing Owl Brewery----Better things for better living...Through Debauchery and Inebriation

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 05:33:27 am »
Tonight I did a 7 hour slow braised brisket in beef stock with cilantro, 1 each dried ancho, guajillo, New Mexico, chipotle peppers and onions. I will shred the meat, reduce the sauce and make some chalupas and refried beans.

Sounds yummy.  I've been eyeing up briskets for the first beef BBQ of the year.  When the weather gets a little better, I'll start using the smoker again.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 07:41:28 am »
As soon an all of this snow melts it's BBQ time. It won't be long now!  8)
Ron Price

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 10:18:20 am »
Oh, I've been grilling and smoking all winter, snow or no snow.  As long as I can chip the grill open!

I'm a little sad that my cold smoking days are numbered, though.  Once it gets really warm, no more of that.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 10:44:18 am »
I must admit I've fired it up a few times over the winter but the snow has been a deterrent. Bring Spring!  ;)
Ron Price

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 01:09:35 pm »
I must admit I've fired it up a few times over the winter but the snow has been a deterrent. Bring Spring!  ;)

I've used the grill on a regular basis, but I usually smoke in the yard and dragging it out there in 3 foot of snow ain't happenin'.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 02:28:51 pm »

I've used the grill on a regular basis, but I usually smoke in the yard and dragging it out there in 3 foot of snow ain't happenin'.

nuff said.  ;)
Ron Price

Offline niquejim

• Cellarman
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 06:54:32 pm »
Tonight I sauteed 2 medium onions, 1 pack of sliced white mushrooms, 1 pack of Portobellos, some sun-dried tomatoes, a diced small ham steak, some fresh basil, oregano, thyme and some chicken broth thickened and put over some farfalle pasta. It was fantastic
Burrowing Owl Brewery----Better things for better living...Through Debauchery and Inebriation

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 07:24:40 pm »

nuff said.  ;)

there's two houses on my street for sale.  we need more good beer in the neighborhood anyways (specially some that's better than yours truly) - come on down, water's fine... :P ;D :D
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline niquejim

• Cellarman
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 06:30:47 pm »
Tonight I pan roasted some(12 oz's) of mushroom slices in batches, after they finished I added some onions and garlic then add a few Tbs sour cream and a bit of cheese( although the cheese could be omitted) . In a separate pan cook up some refried beans. Put some flour tortillas in the oven to soften. Then put some beans, mushrooms, cilantro, fresh onions, tomatoes and lettuce on the tortillas, wrap and toast in a hot oven for 2-3 minutes. This will make you forget about meat