Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Looking Forward to Fall  (Read 4101 times)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: Looking Forward to Fall
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 01:53:38 pm »
I am working on a beer i am calling "emancipation"  i have no idea what it will be exactly but the og target will be 1.100. this is to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 100th anniversary of the emancipation proclomation.  in otherwords, my 50th birthday. (i was born on the 100th anniversary)  will post when i get something but ideas anyone.  i am thinking of something with a bunch of vienna and munich to high gravity.  as the day is approaching it will be a lager but only with short lagering period.

that's called a sesquicentennial
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Looking Forward to Fall
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 01:59:27 pm »
th
I am working on a beer i am calling "emancipation"  i have no idea what it will be exactly but the og target will be 1.100. this is to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 100th anniversary of the emancipation proclomation.  in otherwords, my 50th birthday. (i was born on the 100th anniversary)  will post when i get something but ideas anyone.  i am thinking of something with a bunch of vienna and munich to high gravity.  as the day is approaching it will be a lager but only with short lagering period.

that's called a sesquicentennial

thanks, i knew it had a name but couldn't remember.  it is really just a birthday beer for me and i wish i would have thought of it sooner so i could age it longer.  the gravity target is just to represent the years between the actual event and my birthday.  hopefully i can evolve this over the next few years and it won't be rushed.
Don AHA member