Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: ESB recipe  (Read 8866 times)

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
Re: ESB recipe
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 07:38:44 am »
Taste it when it's done and decide what to call it.  Unless you're entering it in a competition, it's really not a big deal as long as you enjoy it.  It's just nice to be able to easily describe it to someone, that's all.  So if it's an "ESB with American hops" then someone should be able to figure it out.

If you still have your training wheels on, focus on making solid beer before you worry about making solid to-style beer.  It's a skill you'll always need.

for sure!    i don't plan on entering this one.  the only beer i did enter into a comp was back in 2008, the et barnette homebrew comp.  it was my second beer to brew and i won best ipa and third bos (sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, hahaha.).

if the specialty grains don't make it weird, i hope "esb with american hops" describes it.

cheers!
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline kylekohlmorgen

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Saint Louis, MO
    • The South House Pilot Brewery
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 08:04:42 am »

If you still have your training wheels on, focus on making solid beer before you worry about making solid to-style beer.  It's a skill you'll always need.

Writing that one down...

I think I'll always have training wheels on in one way or another.
Twitter/Instagram: @southhousebrew

Recipes, Brett/Bacteria Experiments: http://SouthHouseBeer.com/

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 10:50:15 pm »

[/quote]

I think I'll always have training wheels on in one way or another.
[/quote]

i agree with this
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.