General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Your Top 4 Hefeweizens?

(1/7) > >>

arsenal610:
So I've tried Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier enough to make it my favorite Hefeweizen. Here's my review on it for those that would like to watch it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1r28vysOUw

Here's the rest of my list:

2.Franziskaner Hefe Weisse
3.Sierra Nevada Hefeweizen
4. Hofbrau Hefe weisse

What are your Top 4 Hefeweizens?

thebigbaker:
I like your top three in order, but I would put Dry Dock Brewery's Hefe at the top.  I may be a little partial to Dry Dock's since I live about 7 minutes away, but I do have to say their Hefe is the best I've ever tasted.  Granted, I'm getting their Hefe very fresh compared to the others so that may be a little unfair.  I pick out slightly more banana than clove, but a good balance of the two.  Not that it matters too much, but Dry Dock's Hefe has won a gold in 2011 and two silvers at the 2010 & 2009 GABFs.

erockrph:
For me it's:
Schneider Weisse
SN Kellerweis
Weihenstephan
Julius Echter

tschmidlin:
Leaving out mine . . .  ;D

In no particular order, Maisel's, Weihenstephan, Schneider, Franziskaner

gordonstrong:
A fresh Weihenstephaner is so far ahead for me that I don't even bother thinking of another three.  I guess I like Paulaner and Franziskaner if I can't find a Weihenstephaner, but I'm not happy substituting.  I like Schneider a lot, but it seems kind of dark.  It's a fairly unique beer, an amber hefe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version