Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: LP regulator for a Kenmore gas grill.  (Read 3344 times)

Offline bigchicken

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lincoln, NE
LP regulator for a Kenmore gas grill.
« on: July 28, 2012, 12:06:00 pm »
Sears was useless, so I thought I'd ask all of you to see if you can help. I'm trying to find a stainless braided hose and regulator for a Kenmore gas grill of my mother-in-law's. Of course Sears can't provide me any information on the regulator's PSI rating and I can't find it anywhere on the unit or in the manual. In fact, I struggled to find any info on the regulator because it is made in China. What I did find isn't exactly clear. It appears it is a Illida brand regulator model 601-A2. The Chinese website states it is for a 47600 BTU appliance, but the grill is nearly double that. Is this a case of Kenmore being cheap and putting on an inferior product, or am I getting the wrong specs? So, my real question is do any of you have a recommendation of another product I can use as a replacement? I'm looking at a Bayou Classic M5LPH, 36" Stainless Braided Low Pressure Hose, 1-PSI Regulator, 3/8" Flare Swivel Fitting that I can get from Amazon for less than $25, but I'm not sure it will work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
TJ
TJ Cook

On Deck: Planning
Fermenting: Nothing
In bottles: It's All About MEAD!