Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Headache City  (Read 11988 times)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: Headache City
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 11:06:24 am »
Sure is alot of editing going on in this thread...

?? there havn't been any edits
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 12:45:58 pm »
disposable/recyclable food-grade sanitary plastic bags would be a great idea. I think that's how they make insulin in pharma labs.

Thats how the two U-brews near my place do it.  15 gal batches in clear plastic bags. 

Offline positiverpr

• Cellarman
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 03:59:28 pm »
this is fascinating stuff! no need to worry about liver damage with ibuprofen and alcohol at any reasonably combined level(bleeding from a stomach ulcer would be a bigger worry, especially if over-indulging). tylenol and alcohol would be the real concern. i have also gotten 2 of my worst migraines at rangers games(both several years ago) and one at a saints game(i rarely get migraines and all three happened within 1 hr- also all three involved budweiser). so that gets me to wondering(mostly about trace wood residuals as a migraine trigger). also the contaminated line thing is somethinhg that i've never thought about. there is some research to be done but dont look at me - i'm only an m.d. ;)

Offline positiverpr

• Cellarman
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 04:01:14 pm »
sorry to follow myself up but after thinking about it briefly the most logical answer would be acetaldehyde right? budweiser... local brewpub rushing beer and covering it up with other flavors.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 05:01:53 pm »
disposable/recyclable food-grade sanitary plastic bags would be a great idea. I think that's how they make insulin in pharma labs.

Thats how the two U-brews near my place do it.  15 gal batches in clear plastic bags.

Where do you find such food-grade bags?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 05:57:53 pm »
my wife found a bottle of my third homebrew, a belgian saison, and we drank it and i ended up with a headache.  for some reason, some belgian beers do the same to me, but i haven't paid close enough attention before to be able to pick out which.
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline deanocamino

• 1st Kit
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 05:36:55 am »
I dont get very many headaches unless I really tie one on... however it never fails that my wife gets them every morning after she drinks home brew whether it is mine or someone elses.