Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AHA Pub Discount Program  (Read 3515 times)

Offline stevep

• Cellarman
AHA Pub Discount Program
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:48:14 am »
Greetings Homebrewers,

Don’t forget to take advantage of your ability as an AHA member to receive discounts on beer, food and merchandise at any of the 550+ Pub Discount Program (PDP) participating locations across the United States. August was an exciting month for PDP, yielding 33 new participating locations including Karl Strauss Brewing Company and the Flying Saucer Draught Emporium, bringing the year-to-date total new locations to more than 100. Right now is a perfect time to catch the last few weeks of summer warmth and stop by your local beer garden, brewpub or brewery to sample the latest fall seasonal and the kickoff of the football season.

I encourage you to take a look at the online directory for a complete listing of participating locations in in your area: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/directories/find-a-pub-discount

A few things to remember when using the program:

1.   Benefits only apply to the card-carrying AHA member, unless otherwise noted.
2.   You must be 21 or older to participate in the program.
3.   Discounts are valid only at participating locations & are subject to change.
4.   Participation from brewpub groups will vary based on state laws. 
5.   Some states cannot offer free or discounted alcohol.

Stay tuned for updates on more new participants in the program. For more information about how you can sign up your local pubs and beer bars, please contact me at steve@brewersassociation.org

Cheers,

Steve
Steve Parr
Assistant Director
American Homebrewers Association

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: AHA Pub Discount Program
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:15:20 am »
Steve -

I think my state is one that doesn't allow such.  Does the AHA actively work to correct this problem?

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:17:37 am »
Steve -

I think my state is one that doesn't allow such.  Does the AHA actively work to correct this problem?

Mic, what the AHA can do is work with a group within the state.  If they initiate legislation, the AHA will help and support them.  But I thought you were in OR.  The pub discount program is legal here.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:20:46 am »
Well, I'm sure Tom and Mark are busy with NHC2012 these days.  I know Tom had mentioned some initial efforts, but I havn't spoke to him in quite awhile. 

Maybe after next June, we can focus on this. 

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 01:18:38 am »
Well, I'm sure Tom and Mark are busy with NHC2012 these days.  I know Tom had mentioned some initial efforts, but I havn't spoke to him in quite awhile. 

Maybe after next June, we can focus on this. 
Sounds like the right timing :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 05:18:31 am »
I know this is an old topic, but I found this idea to work well last week:
I took my tablet with me to a couple of pubs to catch up on emails and forums while having a beer or two, since I am living smart phone free.
When the waiter at each place didn't know about the AHA Pub Discount Program, I showed him the web page with his restaurant/pub and the discount offer.  Worked great.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 08:47:41 am »
I took my tablet with me to a couple of pubs to catch up on emails and forums while having a beer or two, since I am living smart phone free.
When the waiter at each place didn't know about the AHA Pub Discount Program, I showed him the web page with his restaurant/pub and the discount offer.  Worked great.

In Washington there some law that says you can't do this.  Although, a few places around the NHC hotel did indeed give the discount.  So I am unsure about it all......   

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 09:24:29 am »

In Washington there some law that says you can't do this.  Although, a few places around the NHC hotel did indeed give the discount.  So I am unsure about it all......

The beauty of taking your mobile web device is that you can actually show the wait staff that their own restaurant is listed and what what the discount applies to.
(I just checked Washigton and they list none, but I was given a discount at the brewpub near the NHC hotel when asked.)
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 12:26:59 pm »

The beauty of taking your mobile web device is that you can actually show the wait staff that their own restaurant is listed and what what the discount applies to.
(I just checked Washigton and they list none, but I was given a discount at the brewpub near the NHC hotel when asked.)

I think Washington actually prohibits AHA from promoting businesses that discount, but does not stop the businesses from giving the discount.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline stevep

• Cellarman
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 12:47:53 pm »

We're working to increase awareness of participation, and make it easier for members to take advantage of these member deals. Expect to see big news for PDP in the next week.
Steve Parr
Assistant Director
American Homebrewers Association