Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Cases! Help!  (Read 15312 times)

Offline andrewhejl

• 1st Kit
Re: Beer Cases! Help!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 02:58:40 pm »
Cool, that price doesn't sound bad, thanks for the reivew, exactly what I was looking for, never really seen anything like them. do they stack easy?

I think that they're pretty easy to stack.  The plastic sides are more durable than cardboard so have more integrity.  I have 4 cases on top of each other right now and no worries about collapse.

Offline rjfarel

• 1st Kit
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 09:25:43 pm »
I second (or third, or forth, or whatever), the CW crates.  Very sturdy at a reasonable price.  The learning curve in assembling them can be a bit annoying though.

Offline chewie

• 1st Kit
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 08:16:54 pm »
Any Chance the CW Crate Folks offer a AHA member discount?

Offline mileskup

• 1st Kit
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 02:56:17 pm »
Awesome! I just purchased a set and they are pretty great! Love 'em totally worth it.

Offline mileskup

• 1st Kit
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 04:41:24 pm »
Any Chance the CW Crate Folks offer a AHA member discount?

You know that is a good question: I don't believe they do, but that would be awesome!

Offline anje

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lafayette, IN
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 04:46:21 pm »
I use the $5 plastic filing crates from Wally-World.  You need to cut a piece of 1/4 ply to strengthen the base, but they hold 30 bottles (5x6) perfectly, and are just tall enough to stack.  They also hold 20 bombers or wine bottles (5x4) perfectly too, but you cant stack 'em that way.
Thanks for this, that was exactly what I needed. I might eventually go with the CW Crates, but these seem nearly perfect for me as a new brewer, especially in a closet with a blanket thrown over to protect the beer a bit more from the light.
<-- microbiologist brewster n00b.

Hops and toothpaste don't mix.

Offline mileskup

• 1st Kit
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 06:46:39 pm »
Thanks for this, that was exactly what I needed. I might eventually go with the CW Crates, but these seem nearly perfect for me as a new brewer, especially in a closet with a blanket thrown over to protect the beer a bit more from the light.

Yeah what's nice about CW is that they can be stored anywhere really, and be protected from all the elements, really sturdy. Like em alot

Offline mileskup

• 1st Kit
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 07:29:11 pm »
Just getting back to you all again, after using these boxes I have realized that they are really worth the investment. They are crazy durable and waterproof! I recommend these to anyone!

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »

Disclaimer, I did NOT buy a case of Hard Lime, I simply re-purposed the box home from the liquor store...

no need for an explanation mr. angry scotsman. you are among friends here. 8)
also if you need help emptying those bottles......
I would never under any circumstances post a pic of case of Hard Lime in my house.   ;)  I also would never start a thread asking people to tell me why my beer smells like vomit.  (Saw that someplace else)   :o  I guess I have too much pride.   ;D
Scott B

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 08:31:38 pm »
Wow How did i miss this thread?!

I like the CW crate since it's specifically designed for beer bottles. I believe that is a riveted fastener. Rivet's what kept Levi Strauss in business according to popular lore.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline yugamrap

• Brewer
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 08:47:22 am »
I use milk crates.  A standard milk crate will hold 25 standard 12-oz bottles, and they're easy to stack and clean.  You can also put the bottles in upside-down to drain them of for storage.  You don't have to steal them - search "plastic milk crates" on Amazon.com and you'll find a set of four for around $25 plus shipping.
...it's liquid bread, it's good for you!