Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: GABF Tix problem...?  (Read 23179 times)

Offline CB-Illinois

• Cellarman
Re: GABF Tix problem...?
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »
LBC, just sent you a pm...

Offline chemman14

• 1st Kit
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2012, 02:06:20 pm »
Did anyone see the option for the members only entrance? I would of loved to get that...

First 2000 tickets purchased in each slot by members get members only.
So how do we find out if that was us? I have fairly low (double digit) seat numbers on all my tickets...

Offline gmwren

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2012, 02:11:05 pm »
I would hope the staff would remember the debacle in Denver surrounding the Rockies World Series (like that will happen again) tickets where the servers crashed because of the scalpers placing computerized buys. Maybe they will require a valid AHA number to redeem their tickets. That should release some.

Offline gmwren

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2012, 02:14:30 pm »
Did anyone see the option for the members only entrance? I would of loved to get that...

So how do we find out if that was us? I have fairly low (double digit) seat numbers on all my tickets...

Chemman, if you got the members only Saturday Session, you and about 8,000 friends will use the same door.

Offline chemman14

• 1st Kit
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2012, 02:17:09 pm »

Chemman, if you got the members only Saturday Session, you and about 8,000 friends will use the same door.
I am talking about the non members only sessions.

Offline 00trayn

• 1st Kit
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2012, 02:17:37 pm »

The tickets I purchased for the Thursday session specifically said on the ticket pdf "members only entrance". There was no such language on the saturday member only ticket pdf.

And I have been an AHA member for over a year now, but I came to the forums to figure out what the heck happened to the ticket sales. Definitely didn't join just to go to GABF... but it upsets me to see so many legitimate members being screwed over by the ticket sales.

Offline chemman14

• 1st Kit
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2012, 02:20:14 pm »

The tickets I purchased for the Thursday session specifically said on the ticket pdf "members only entrance". There was no such language on the saturday member only ticket pdf.

And I have been an AHA member for over a year now, but I came to the forums to figure out what the heck happened to the ticket sales. Definitely didn't join just to go to GABF... but it upsets me to see so many legitimate members being screwed over by the ticket sales.
I opted to have my tickets mailed, so we will see. I feel that this is all Ticketmasters fault. It is ridiculous how they charge the highest fees but offer the lowest service

Offline khillje

• Assistant Brewer
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2012, 03:03:46 pm »
I bought tickets for sat afternoon (mailed) and sat evening (printed).  The printed ones have "member only entrance" on them, but like what was said, it's not going to matter for the afternoon session.  It's definitely a huge gaffe that you could purchase w/o a member number.  Hopefully this issue is addressed soon.  Also, I've been a member for a while and have only recently started using the forum.  Been brewing for many years though!

Offline Colfaxian

• 1st Kit
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2012, 04:37:36 pm »
In case anyone is wondering, doesn't look like they plan on doing anything:

First, here is a statement from Brewers Association sales and marketing director Barbara Fusco in response to our questions about what happened this morning:

“Today’s GABF ticket pre-sale was the Members-Only sale for members of the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) and the Brewers Association (BA). For a short period of time Tuesday morning, all comers (members and non-members) were able to purchase tickets via mobile devices without entering their member number. Many of our AHA and BA members were doing this in response to a short-lived technical glitch on the Ticketmaster website.

We began working with Ticketmaster on this mobile device issue immediately, and determined that the best course of action was to suspend ticket sales via mobile devices. Note that for the public ticket sale beginning at 10:00 a.m. MDT on Thursday, August 2, mobile purchasing will again be enabled.

As you can imagine, we are working closely with Ticketmaster to ensure that the technical issues that appeared during the first part of today’s ticket sale do not arise during the public ticket sale beginning on Thursday.”

From: http://blogs.denverpost.com/beer/2012/07/31/ticketmaster-snafu-angers-gabf-lovers/5332/#more-5332

And it is official, they will not be doing anything: https://twitter.com/gabf/status/230352580964929537
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:47:10 pm by Colfaxian »

Offline beerbull

• 1st Kit
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2012, 05:16:18 pm »
I purchased tickets by phone for the Thursday night session and the call taker did not ask for a member number.  I also did not get the members only entrance and my tickets says #399.   >:(  I've also been a member for more than a year.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:19:14 pm by beerbull »

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2012, 05:20:38 pm »
Here is GABF response from facebook

Great American Beer Festival
‎American Homebrewers Association & Brewers Association members: We’re working with Ticketmaster right now to determine how many non-members purchased tickets today. Once determined, tickets purchased by non-members will be voided so that only AHA and BA members are issued pre-sale tickets. We will also work with Ticketmaster to create a process to sell this resulting inventory exclusively to AHA and BA members. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience to our members resulting from Ticketmaster’s technical problems today.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.

Offline buzzny

• 1st Kit
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2012, 05:52:35 am »
I just hope an email announcement will go out to Saturday ticket holders telling them that the membership card must be shown to gain entrance.
To me them maybe the non-members who got tickets will try to dump them to us non-members who missed out!

Signed Long time home-brewer who has gone to previous years members only sessions.

P.S. - Please AHA, help your members get in Saturday Noon session!

Offline Colfaxian

• 1st Kit
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 10:36:54 am »
how exactly do you know if you got members entrance on other days?

My thursday ticket looks like this:
GA GA0 445 MEMBER
General Admissn +FC

Is this members entrance?

Offline dropdeadred

• 1st Kit
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 10:40:39 am »
"Short lived?"  It looks like it was long enough to sell out the tickets.

We would have enough problems with the amount of MEMBERS trying to get tickets, let alone the free-for-all that occurred.

I would like to see member numbers verified for the purchases. It's going to cause some considerable work for someone down at the AHA, though. Not sure how they would even do it.

Offline brewingbryan

• 1st Kit
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 10:59:35 am »
"Short lived?"  It looks like it was long enough to sell out the tickets.

We would have enough problems with the amount of MEMBERS trying to get tickets, let alone the free-for-all that occurred.

I would like to see member numbers verified for the purchases. It's going to cause some considerable work for someone down at the AHA, though. Not sure how they would even do it.

First-time GABF hopeful here... looks like I can't access tickets for the members-only session. Does it normally sell out this fast? Ticketmaster couldn't tell me if they were gone or not.