Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Minimum kegs to pour @ club night?  (Read 5192 times)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: Minimum kegs to pour @ club night?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 10:44:26 am »
How many of those did your club go through Denny?  Is 30 kegs overkill or is it what you need to survive the thirsty masses?

We put on 12 at a time.  Some, like the Wee Shroomy, kicked.  Others didn't.  I'd say we emptied maybe 1/2 of them.

how did the tofu pale ale go over?
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 11:15:01 am »
How many of those did your club go through Denny?  Is 30 kegs overkill or is it what you need to survive the thirsty masses?

We put on 12 at a time.  Some, like the Wee Shroomy, kicked.  Others didn't.  I'd say we emptied maybe 1/2 of them.

how did the tofu pale ale go over?

Fair... brought home about 1/2 a keg.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 12:50:38 am »
So who is the club night organizer?

I would probably bring two kegs, or perhaps four if I can strap them together and call them a 'single bag.'. I'm working on a recipe using malt grown in the fields near me, hops grown in the chateau next door and wild yeast collected in october. Then aged on French oak.

For those of you who flew with your kegs, did you have to vent them all the way first? Would they keep a seal with no CO2 pressure?

We plan on flying in seating class "A," which is discounted first class (1300 per person as opposed to 980 per person for the super cheap seats, which seems like a deal to me) so I would hope that as a first class passenger I'd get a little leeway in what I bring onboard. But I dunno.
Phil, i don't know of anyone who flew with their kegs, but a few clubs shipped them.  I think you might be better off flying to Ron's in January and brewing with him, and then serving it in Philly. ;)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 07:00:18 am »
I see the sign up is open now. Phil should contact Ron to see about serving a couple of kegs.
http://www.ahaconference.org/events/club-night/sign-up/
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 03:54:18 pm »
Hey Phil, our club is planning on pouring at club night. We could easily accommodate a couple of your kegs if you want to piggyback on. Let me know. You could be the Paris division of the Northern Illinois Homebrewers Collective. ;)
Mark Gres

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 02:54:44 am »
Hey Phil, our club is planning on pouring at club night. We could easily accommodate a couple of your kegs if you want to piggyback on. Let me know. You could be the Paris division of the Northern Illinois Homebrewers Collective. ;)

Hey I'm not against that! I sent an email out to my fellow Paris Homebrewers' Club members. It may be easier for us to just load up a few Jeroboams each. I will PM Ron.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!