Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: GABF Tix problem...?  (Read 23175 times)

Offline dropdeadred

• 1st Kit
Re: GABF Tix problem...?
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 11:09:11 am »
"Short lived?"  It looks like it was long enough to sell out the tickets.

We would have enough problems with the amount of MEMBERS trying to get tickets, let alone the free-for-all that occurred.

I would like to see member numbers verified for the purchases. It's going to cause some considerable work for someone down at the AHA, though. Not sure how they would even do it.

First-time GABF hopeful here... looks like I can't access tickets for the members-only session. Does it normally sell out this fast? Ticketmaster couldn't tell me if they were gone or not.
It has been selling out progressively faster for the past few years but yes, the GABF website is saying that both farm-to-tables and the members session are sold out.

Re:new members
I stick to my local forums (AZ society of Homebrewers) but came in to get info on the tickets. I have been a member for 3 or 4 years now and just signed for the lifetime membership. :)

Offline KathrynPorterDrapeau

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2012, 11:22:44 am »
Members - I see you've already posted some of the official statements released about GABF ticket sales.

Here's an update...

As of Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, Ticketmaster and the AHA are finalizing review of the pre-sale purchasers list. We are triple-checking the very small number of possible non-member purchases against AHA member records. From there, if we have not yet verified the membership status of the purchaser, Ticketmaster will call and email the purchaser to invite them to provide their AHA membership number. In other words, no purchase will be cancelled without the purchaser having had a chance to provide a member number.

When I have more information to share, I will. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this situation.

Cheers,
Kathryn
Kathryn Porter Drapeau

Offline buzzny

• 1st Kit
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2012, 03:29:49 pm »
Thank you Kathryn.

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 03:42:37 pm »
American Homebrewers Association members:

Ticketmaster has issued a letter of apology regarding the Great American Beer Festival member ticket pre-sale.

Read on: http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/ticketmaster-letter-of-apology/

Kathryn Porter Drapeau

Offline nimbleprop

• 1st Kit
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2012, 03:48:23 pm »
When the tickets that are identified as being purchased improperly are rescinded, will those tickets be opened back up?  Is it possible Ticketmaster can start a waiting list for members?

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2012, 03:49:33 pm »
I have just recieved my e-mailed apology from Ticketmaster...which doesn't do anything for me at all.  It sounds like there may have been very few non-member purchases.  I surmise that there will then be very little chance to obtain tickets for the member's session.  Now I have been shut out for two events in a row.

Unless they start doing a 2nd daytime member's event (I suggest Thursday), I may not be an attendee anymore.  This hobby is getting pretty darn popular.

Sigh.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline Colfaxian

• 1st Kit
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 05:12:24 pm »
hmm, has the AHA really grown that much in the past year that it now sells out in less than 2 hours? I had no idea. I was thinking a ton of tickets got through to non-members. I guess we will really see come gabf time when/if people start scalping on craig's list.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:11:11 pm by Colfaxian »

• Conference
  • Assistant Brewer
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2012, 08:39:13 am »
It sounds like everyone on this thread knows this already. But, to make sure....

The 21 tickets for the Saturday Members-Only session purchased by non-members will be released for sale to AHA and BA members at 9:00 a.m. Mountain time (11:00 a.m. Eastern; 10:00 a.m. Central; 8:00 a.m. Pacific) on Thursday, August 2.

Kathryn Porter Drapeau

Offline leadbasedblimp

• 1st Kit
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2012, 09:05:43 am »
...aaaaaand no more tickets available for Saturday's member's only session. It was only 21 and I'm sure there were hundreds/thousands on ticketmaster.

Offline dropdeadred

• 1st Kit
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2012, 09:36:53 am »
hmm, has the AHA really grown that much in the past year that it now sells out in less than 2 hours? I had no idea. I was thinking a ton of tickets got through to non-members. I guess we will really see come gabf time when/if people start scalping on craig's list.

From my understanding, Between the AHA and BA, there are 34k members. So, yes, there are that many.

When I purchased with the incentive of membership 3 years ago, it was the same price to get a membership and tickets vs. purchasing GA tickets. It's kind of a no-brainer that you would sign up.

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2012, 12:17:58 pm »
Wow, that was fast.  What, 3-4 hours total between pre-sale and public??
The way things are going, how long until the member pre-sale sells out ALL the sessions?!?