Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Any way to save a Band-Aid beer?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline cfleisher

• Cellarman
    • Brews Reporter
Any way to save a Band-Aid beer?
« on: August 03, 2012, 09:37:30 am »
My first attempt at an all-Brett beer has produced a pretty phenolic mess. It's slightly tart, but there's a lot of plastic Band-Aid and I'm not sure what to do. I've heard the arguments about "never give up on a beer," but I don't know about this one. Any thoughts out there? It's been 2 months and the beer is in the secondary now. Is there any chance it will clean up? Any way to turn this into a drinkable beer?
Primary: Grapefruit IPA
Secondary: Berliner Weisse

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Any way to save a Band-Aid beer?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:48:09 am »
My first attempt at an all-Brett beer has produced a pretty phenolic mess. It's slightly tart, but there's a lot of plastic Band-Aid and I'm not sure what to do. I've heard the arguments about "never give up on a beer," but I don't know about this one. Any thoughts out there? It's been 2 months and the beer is in the secondary now. Is there any chance it will clean up? Any way to turn this into a drinkable beer?

My experience is that there's not much chance of it improving, but if you have the space it can't hurt to let it hang around for a while and see what happens.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell