Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New iPhone Brewing App  (Read 8043 times)

Offline sfletty

• Cellarman
Re: New iPhone Brewing App
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 12:14:18 pm »
DOH!  Steve, I dickchimped it!  I had the display in landscape so I couldn't see the results box.  It works fine and I'm an idiot!

Whew!  ;D

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 12:19:01 pm »
DOH!  Steve, I dickchimped it!  I had the display in landscape so I couldn't see the results box.  It works fine and I'm an idiot!

Whew!  ;D

So, now that it's working I went back and entered the parameters for my last mash....13.75 lb., 71F grain temp, 1.6 ratio, and 148 target temp.  BrewBot said strike at 157.2.  Promash told me 161.  161 was what I used when I brewed and it was right on.  I'm guessing it's because Promash takes into account the thermal mass of my cooler.

Lennie, you said that when you used it it was right on for strike temp.  What kind of mash tun do you use?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 03:33:02 pm »
I was using a 60qt Coleman Xtreme and it was filled halfway.  I didn't preheat but I brewed in the midday sun on a 100F day so maybe that is preheating enough.  I checked the temp with a fairly inexpensive bimetal thermometer, can't say it is right on but I've been using it.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 03:44:39 pm »
I was using a 60qt Coleman Xtreme and it was filled halfway.  I didn't preheat but I brewed in the midday sun on a 100F day so maybe that is preheating enough.  I checked the temp with a fairly inexpensive bimetal thermometer, can't say it is right on but I've been using it.

I don't preheat either.  Some years back I decided that was a step I could skip so I figured out how I could adjust the thermal mass variable in Promash to account for it.  I calibrated my brewing thermonmeter against a certified lab thermo the day before I brewed so I'm pretty sure it was right on.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell