Some updated info. Please spread the word. As always, we're looking for volunteers as well as attendees. Thanks!
The Midwest Brewers Fest is a true craft beer festival where you will find over 120 unique beers meads and ciders. Representatives from a number of breweries will be on site for you to directly interact and ask questions about your favorite brews.
The 2012 Midwest Brewers Fest has two purposes. The first is to raise funds and awareness for the restoration of the Plainfield Riverfront Park. The Riverfront Foundation plans are focused on a total restoration aimed at bringing people together (http://www.plainfieldriverfront.com/
) so that generations to come can enjoy the scenic views and recreational amenities the park once held. The second is to introduce those not familiar to the art and craft of fine beer. The idea was originated by local craft beer enthusiasts and is now being produced by volunteers from all walks of life who share a passion for great beer and a spirit of community.
We’re going to have an amazing lineup of craft beers. We expect to draw over 3,000 people and have 55+ breweries registered.
Some new additions and information for this year’s fest:
• Oskar Blues from Colorado along with a few breweries will be introducing themselves to the Chicago market at our festival, check them out at: http://www.midwestbrewersfest.com/breweries.html
• 95.9 "The River" FM will be broadcasting live onsite, along with our other sponsors: http://www.midwestbrewersfest.com/sponsors.html
• "Best of Midwest Brewers Fest" Craft Beer Competition – Well known beer author and BJCP certified beer judge Marty Nachel will be conducting our 1st annual craft beer competition.
• The PALE (Plainfield Ale and Lager Enthusiasts homebrew club) “Homebrew Pavilion and Craft Beer 101 Experience” sponsored by Chicago Brew Werks. Actual on-site brewing will take place and presentations will be given every half hour throughout the day on various topics related to craft beer. Interactive displays will be set up and homebrewing products will be available to view and purchase.
• Bags Tournament hosted by The Friends of the Plainfield Park District
• Americana Music from local home grown bands Beth Bombara, Overman and The Jack Pines will enhance the ambience at the park
Other information can be found at our website at: http://midwestbrewersfest.com/faq
We would like to invite you to purchase tickets at: http://midwestbrewersfest.com/tickets.html
Please note that we only have a limited amount of tickets remaining for our VIP Experience, which includes exclusive access to memorable food, rare brews, private amenities, and an exclusive SWAG Bag!