Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kickass pancakes  (Read 3450 times)

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
Kickass pancakes
« on: August 12, 2012, 01:58:03 am »
I've been working on a pancake recipe for a while now, usually practicing every Sunday. This morning's were freakin' awesome. Here's my recipe (an attempt at writing it down, anyway).

2/3 cup white flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup organic Scottish porridge oats (Quaker quick oats will probably work fine)
2 tsp baking powder
½ (maybe a little more) tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp dark brown sugar
1-2 eggs (1 large or 2 small), lightly beaten
1/3 cup (or so) plain yogurt
2/3 bottle (or so) strong Belgian beer
s***load of chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients separately. Add wet bits and mix. Consistency should thick but still be able to pour, kinda like muffins. Cook on medium-high heat, turning when the top forms bubbles. Serves 4-6.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Kickass pancakes
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 07:32:35 am »
Sounds tasty and fairly healthy too! Especially interesting is the choice of strong Belgian beer.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
Re: Kickass pancakes
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 04:04:32 am »
I used beer in my last 2 batches. Gordon's Finest Scotch the first time and Brigand the second time. They're both very different, but they're both also mellow in the hops and you can taste the alcohol in both.

The beer in the pancakes was sort of an accident. I would usually use milk (soy milk, actually), but I ran out and didn't want to use water. Of course! Beer! It works great!