General Category > Beer Travel

Colorado and Utah Trip?

(1/9) > >>

hopfenundmalz:
Looking for any information that the collective can give us. We are flying to Denver and then driving to Moab UT in Sept. We know the Moab area, and are going to do some hikes in the parks (some trails for the 2nd or more times)

We will go to Fort Collins for a couple nights. Odell and New Belgium are on our list. Anything to add? Is Funkworks/Crooked Stave worth a visit? Recommendations on hotels would be good.

Haven't been through Colorado to Utah in many years. Recommendations close to I-70 would be good.

Return trip might include Telluride, Durango and on to Alamosa. Only been to Durango on the southern route, and have done the train ride.

thebigbaker:
I highly recommend stopping off in Longmont between Ft. Collins and Denver, just off I-25 and visit Left Hand and Oskar Blues.  If you have time while in Denver, you have to stop by Dry Dock Brewing!  Dry Dock is about 20 minutes south of I-70 in Aurora and about 35 minutes from the airport (nothing in Denver is close to the airport!).  Dry Dock is my favorite brewery in Colorado, although I may be a little bias since it's only 7 minutes from my house.  That being said, they consistently turn out some of the best brew in the state.

Sounds like a great trip, have a great time and safe travels.  Looking forward to your post trip report.

hopfenundmalz:
A friend said to hit up Left Hand in Longmont, as his hometown is Longmont. Might have to stop.

mihalybaci:
I'm not a *huge* fan of Funkwerks. If your time is limited definitely go to Equinox first, they produce a much wider range of styles and I think they're of overall better quality. Crooked Stave is based within Odell's, at least I think they still are, but I'm not sure if you get actually get their beer through the Odell's taproom. Pateros Creek is a new one that opened up downtown and they lean towards English-style session beers. Fort Collins Brewing is also in town and they make a few good ones. If you get hungry after a sampler tray at Equinox, you can walk to the next block over and get lunch at Coopersmith's Pub. They have your typical pub fare and they make usually have around 6-9 beer selections including seasonal/limited release. My favorite of their everyday line-up is probably the Albert Damm Bitter.

Hopefully that helps, instead of making things more complicated...{:>)

hopfenundmalz:
That helped, those were not on the rada.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version