General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Hennipen

<< < (4/4)

slimsparty:
Hennipen is a decent Saison.

I like their Abbey Ale -I think just called Ommegang  http://www.ommegang.com/index.php?mcat=1&scat=2&yr=1

La Fin Du Monde is a great place to start your belgian lovin'

erockrph:
I just had a Hennepin for the first time in a long time. Is it just me or does this seem a lot closer to a golden strong than a saison? Don't get me wrong, I love the beer, but it seems a lot more estery and not quite as dry as I generally expect from a saison. It's a lot closer to Duvel than to any saison I've had.

redbeerman:

--- Quote from: erockrph on March 13, 2013, 08:51:34 PM ---I just had a Hennepin for the first time in a long time. Is it just me or does this seem a lot closer to a golden strong than a saison? Don't get me wrong, I love the beer, but it seems a lot more estery and not quite as dry as I generally expect from a saison. It's a lot closer to Duvel than to any saison I've had.

--- End quote ---

I have always thought this as well, at least in a side by side with DuPont or some of the Stillwater examples I've had.

euge:
I like it. Maybe a little to clean for my vision of a saison. Just too pricy. And Tintin is on the label somewhere IIRC.

When I get back will have to splurge on a bottle.

bboy9000:
Whoa, zombie thread!  I like Hennipin.  I've heard many sources call this style hoppy but I don't get that.  Maybe hoppy for a French or Belgian beer?  I really like this style and have had some that are estery and others not as much.  Le Merle from a North Coast was a little estery and Boulevard Tank 7 not as estery.  Mother's Brewing from Speingfield, MO just released a Farmhouse as their spring seasonal.  At 5.6% abv its also sessionable.  I've actually never had DuPont.  That stuff is in a green bottle, right?  I realize its supposed to be representative of the style but I figured the Tank 7 and others would be fresh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version